Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 82 total)
  • Pope says 'It's OK to be gay' says youth of today…
  • Tom-B
    Free Member

I’m guessing that Samuri missed the election of a new Pope and is now trying to save face.

camo16
    Free Member

Possibly my new favourite animated gif there, B.A. 😉

samuri
    Free Member

Your argument proves that even if the pope isn’t a gay nazi, he almost certainly has a gay nazi neighbour.

Precisely, and then he’s round borrowing your hedge clippers. I’m surprised I have to point all this out.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

binners – Member
    I suppose this explains Lemmy’s astute observation that the Nazi’s had by far the most stylish uniforms.

I thought that was Private Pike (stupid boy)?

Mr Woppit – Member
    The entire history of religion, dragging itself unwillingly along behind secular ethical progress

…or the alternative version: maintaining a sense of moral stability/absolutism in the face of constant secular relativism and revisionism? Pick which you prefer!

Junkyard
    Free Member

hes not just cool with the gayers [who dont do gaying] he is helping out the womenz too

On the role of women in the Church, he said: “We cannot limit the role of women in the Church to altar girls or the president of a charity, there must be more.

“But with regards to the ordination of women, the Church has spoken and says no… That door is closed.”

Bless him and his egalitarian flirting

randomjeremy
    Free Member

As a confirmed gaylord I refuse to take the opinions an old guy who wears a dress and believes in a sky wizard seriously.

camo16
    Free Member

a confirmed gaylord

I like this idea… was there a ceremony of confirmation and did you get an official document from an accedited gaylord body?

sky wizard

Seriously impressive dismissal of a proven 2,000-year-old religion right there. Militant atheism condensed into two words. Neat.

surfer
    Free Member

maintaining a sense of moral stability/absolutism in the face of constant secular relativism and revisionism? Pick which you prefer!

I’ll go for the former please given that it is not woo woo

Militant atheism condensed into two one words. Neat.

FIFY

proven 2,000-year-old religion right there

Proven?

grum
    Free Member

Seriously impressive dismissal of a proven 2,000-year-old religion right there.

‘Appeal to antiquity’ logical fallacy? Just because something is old doesn’t give it authority IMO.

camo16
    Free Member

I’m not in fighting mood today, so I’ll keep this short.

Proven?

Proven to provide faith to millions of people… if not proven in the über rationalist ‘if I can’t see it, it ain’t there’ sense.

Just because something is old doesn’t give it authority IMO.

We were talking about something that IS old and DOES have authority for a lot of people. One does not necessitate the other, but in this case I don’t see the problem.

grum
    Free Member

We were talking about something that IS old and DOES have authority for a lot of people.

The Nazis had authority for a lot of people too. 😉

gonefishin
    Free Member

Proven to exist, well there is no denying that the catholic church certainly does exist. Proven to be correct, hmmmmm that’s not the same thing now is it. If you do consider it to be proven correct, please be careful on zebra crossings.

camo16
    Free Member

gonefishin, I refer you to

Proven to provide faith to millions of people.

Nothing more to add, really.

gonefishin
    Free Member

So that would come under the proven to exist, rather than proven to be correct. The Norse gods provided faith to a large number of people. Doesn’t make the religon any more proven.

molgrips
    Free Member

The religion is and was proven. It’s tenets were not.

If you’re going to get involved…

camo16
    Free Member

I really don’t get what’s complicated about:

Who’s saying its tenets are correct? I made no such claim. Is it really impossible to say anything that’s not 100% dismissive of Christianity on here then? 😯

Sheesh.

If you’re going to get involved…

Not me. I have enough of this EVERY DAY from my weird atheist FB buddy (weird and atheist, not weird because he’s atheist, to be clear), who has spent the last 6 months desperately and righteously trying to convince me that there is no possibility of correct faith. I remain unconvinced, either way.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Faith is a belief in something that cannot be proven. Its ironic that you use this as proof of it providing faith.

is this the start of a slow burning religious thread ?

EDIT:

I remain unconvinced, either way.

that is the worst of both positions you either wish to have faith in the imaginary sky wizard whose existence you cannot prove but hope for or you accept there is no evdience for said sky wizard

I dont understand how folk can be uncertain as to which account is the best account of reality…now that is stupid [ lights touch paper and runs away 😉 ]

samuri
    Free Member

We should get back on the proven naziism of the new pope and the homosexuality of Hitler. At least those are things we can all agree on.

camo16
    Free Member

Faith is a belief in something that cannot be proven. Its ironic that you use this as proof of it providing faith.

Nope. You can prove faith exists without having to prove that this faith equates to belief in something true. Simples.

is this the start of a slow burning religious thread ?

I really hope not. Because all such threadage has proven time and time again to be completely pointless.

It’s ironic to me that discussing a faith that advocates love and kindness becomes a platform for antagonistic intellectual willy waving.

EDIT: I’m with samuri. Let’s keep this on safe ground:

Junkyard
    Free Member

I certainly have faith in that

camo16
    Free Member

that is the worst of both positions you either wish to have faith in the imaginary sky wizard whose existence you cannot prove but hope for or you accept there is no evdience for said sky wizard

I dont understand how folk can be uncertain as to which account is the best account of reality…now that is stupid [ lights touch paper and runs away ]

Ooh, I’ve just seen this ninja edit, you naughty additional comment poster, Junky, you.

You’re right though. ‘Sky wizard’ comments aside, agnosticism isn’t the cleverest or most productive position… but for me it’s intuitive… every time I move closer to atheism I glimpse things that are so overwhelmingly beautiful or meaningful that my mind springs open again.

Trimix
    Free Member

Never mind that…………. Im still crying with laughter at the cat dancing with Hitler.

Can someone please send me a link to that.

Peyote
    Free Member

That’s not an either/or position though. I’m really jealous of folk who’ve got Faith in their chosen relegion, in many cases it seems to make them happier/more content with their lot. So it’s something I’d quite like too.

However, I also accept that there isn’t really any evidence for the ‘ole Sky Wizard so kind of stuck in Limbo.

Basically an optimistic atheist, or agnostic if pushed.

But anyway, Hitler = Gay defo, pope = hitler = gay, Hell* yeah!

*On the understanding that there isn’t any evidence for such a place to exist either, except for Coventry of course.

LHS
    Free Member

As a child I thought ET was gay and also thought he was the great sky wizard when referred to at great length during my forced sunday school sessions.

Now, ET, when dressed in a hoody looked a lot like the Darth Sidious who in turn looks like the pope after a night on the rum and coke AND more importantly is mates with Darth Vader. Vader was definitly gay and shared the same stylist as hitler with the black leather / PVC look.

Problem solved.

zippykona

Hitler dancing…

Junkyard
    Free Member

every time I move closer to atheism I glimpse things that are so overwhelmingly beautiful or meaningful that my mind springs open again.

perhaps you need to look at all the horrible things as the world is amazing but it is also red in tooth and claw

Nothing wrong with staring in wonder at it all but it doe snot prove a diety- we are all star dust after all

TuckerUK
    Free Member

It’s ironic to me that discussing a faith that advocates love and kindness

I think there might just be parts of the Bibles you’ve failed to read/grasp/understand!

I’m pretty sure homophobia, child abuse, and the subjugation of women don’t count as ‘love and kindness’.

camo16
    Free Member

Nothing wrong with staring in wonder at it all but it doe snot prove a diety

[calm breaths]

Of course it doesn’t prove a deity.

Agnosticim, dude, that’s where I’m at.

I accept that the fundamental truths of existence are unknown to me and (so far as I can make out) are unknowable to humans with puny-ass brains.

[/calm breaths]

camo16
    Free Member

I think there might just be parts of the Bibles you’ve failed to read/grasp/understand!

I’m pretty sure homophobia, child abuse, and the subjugation of women don’t count as ‘love and kindness’.

WTF? Did I wake up in Weird World today?

Agree that the above are probably all contained in the Bible, especially the OT. NT not so much if I remember correctly (it’s been a while).

I was thinking about the parables of the NT really.

zippykona

God..kill your child
    Man..ok
    God..only kidding have some money.
    I got to that part in the bible and I realised that maybe religion wasn’t for me.

benji
    Free Member

Vader was definitly gay

and father of two?

Or is this futher ammunition to gays adopting?

As for religion, always put Jedi on the form. There is a thought that sexuality is a spectrum so you are all a bunch of gayers, so more than others but remember god now loves you, no matter how far on the spectrum you are.

kimbers

hey camo here is a collection of all the proven nasty hating of gays, women, racism, condoning of slavery etc etc contained in the proven book of the lord and its all illustrated in lego

http://www.thebricktestament.com/home.html

im not sure it mentions abusing children and then protecting abusers, discrediting victims and orchestrating mass coverups though

camo16
    Free Member

That’s a cool site, kimbers. I find the fundamental truths of existence are generally best expressed in Lego.

project
    Free Member

So an old man,with no wife or girlfreind,who wears a dress and a hat that looks like a penis ,living on his own surrounded by men, says its ok to gay, that is unless you actually want a job off him.

But then he also says women haveno job prospects also just to confuse the matter.

Its about time that somebody invited him and his mates into the real world.

TuckerUK
    Free Member
    jamj1974

Only on STW could a thread about the Pope be derailed and become about religion…

yunki
    Free Member

dannybgoode

The Daily Mash has a good angle on the story…

randomjeremy
    Free Member

I like this idea… was there a ceremony of confirmation and did you get an official document from an accedited gaylord body?

Yes there was a confirmation ceremony into the gaying community but instead of some biscuits and a sip of wine I ended up with a face like a plasterer’s radio.

Seriously impressive dismissal of a proven 2,000-year-old religion right there. Militant atheism condensed into two words. Neat.

Dude in addition to a sky wizard there’s a baddy who lives under the ground too!

camo16
    Free Member

I ended up with a face like a plasterer’s radio

Nice. 😆

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 82 total)

The topic ‘Pope says 'It's OK to be gay' says youth of today…’ is closed to new replies.