Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Poor interpretation skills?
  • GW
    Free Member

rife on here isn’t it!!
    I’d just like to say there are some monumental failings due to some seriously poor English interpretation skills.

one random example..

exact words used “”predominantly male” =

men’s

:facepalm:

it’s like a massive game of Chinese whispers here..

if you can’t interpret your own language properly how on earth can you possibly understand the context or indeed point of what you are reading?

wwaswas

I can understand the difference between ‘bike forum’ and ‘chat forum’ – does that make me gifted?

RustySpanner

You only need one exclamation mark.
    Capital letters at the start of sentences.
    Should be a colon after ‘example’.
    Should be a full stop after ‘here’.
    Possibly a comma after ‘context’.

if you can’t interpret write your own language properly how on earth can you expect others to possibly understand the context or indeed point of what you are saying?

julianwilson
    Free Member

oooooh, rusty, I have little idea what this really refers to, but I have a sense that you are soon to become GW’s ‘friday pwn’ for this week. 😀

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Its an issue for sure – not being able to have the non verbal cues leads to lots of misunderstanding

GW
    Free Member

😆

If you can’t interpret write your own language properly how on earth can you expect others to possibly understand the context or indeed point of what you are saying you’re too hungover to punctuate, manage simple grammar or post in the correct section of an internet forum go make bacon!

Lesson learned! 8)

RustySpanner

😉

njee20
    Free Member

I’m confused about what the OP even means:

one random example..

exact words used “”predominantly male” =

men’s

Huh? 😕

Agree though, there’s plenty of misinterpretation on here. Some people have thought me to be, on occasion, helpful and friendly. Fools.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Poor interpretation skills?’ is closed to new replies.