Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Pond filter recommendations? Easy to clean preferably
  • choppersquad
    Free Member

Hi there.
    I have a 6000 litre pond and I don’t think my current filter is much good. It’s a Hozelock filter with UV, but to clean it you have to take it apart which considering where it is, is a right pain. The foam also seems to get filthy very quickly. I’m looking for a filter which is easy to clean (maybe one with a handle to squeeze the foam out, without having to take it apart), which will do a good job of keeping the water clean? Does anyone own a particular model which they’d recommend? I would have a budget of up to about £250. The pond has a couple of Koi and the rest are just goldfish type.
    Also, any idea how many litres per hour I should be looking at pumping through it? My thoughts are 6000 but I could be wrong? I’ve tried looking for some forums but I’m unsure which are the best ones?
    Many thanks.

choppersquad
    Free Member

Current filter is a hozelock ecopower.

concept2

I use one like this.. (not sure how much they are now)

http://www.kockneykoi.co.uk/products/fibreglass-filters/KF5000V-fibreglass-filter.php

They do smaller units – the smaller you go the more frequent the cleaning…

These are popular but you will need a permanent air supply to agitate the media…

http://www.evolutionaqua.com/acatalog/Eazy_Pod.html

Most of the “better” units will let you clean the mechanical filter chambers separately via slide valves and pipework to a waste/drain.

You will still need to get in there with the hose etc from time to time – more often in summer obviously.

You might want to turn the whole pond over every 1.5- 2 hrs. So maybe a 2-3000 ltr/hr pump It depends on how much you feed the fish and how many you have. Some of the places that sell stuff size on “fish inches”.

HTH

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Pond filter recommendations? Easy to clean preferably’ is closed to new replies.