Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • Poll for the Ladies – Do chicks really dig scars?
  • Kahurangi

The old saying goes “chicks dig scars”, which I hope to be the case as I seem to be picking up speed of acquiring them!

So one for the girlies (or feel free to ask your significant other as post their reply).

So, do ladies find an attraction to scars?

Cougar

I’d hazard that it depends on the scar. Compare the following answers to “wow, where did you get that scar?!”

1) Well, I was out on safari in africa when our camp was attacked by a grizzly bear. I fought it single-handed, but before I throttled it to death with my bare hands it managed to catch me with a claw.

2) I was walking back from visiting my sick mother in hospital, when I saw an old lady being mugged. The ne’er-do-well had away with her handbag and I gave chase. He was no match for me and I soon caught him, but in apprehending him he managed to stick me with a knife. I held him till the police arrived and then lost consciousness. When I came to in hospital, I was told that I’d almost died.

3) Er, I fell off my bike.

LadyGresley
    Free Member

It may also depend on where the scar is.

philconsequence
    Free Member

“rescuing baby sharks off my yacht whilst out in the bahamas”

“saving disabled orphans from hungry hungry hippos whilst using my gold-plated jetski to get between my many estates in africa”

“went over the bars cos my saddle was too high when i tried to get 2 inches of air off a gnarly curb”

LadyGresley
    Free Member

Actually, Jon, would you like to post up the pics of your naked body, sorry, scars, and I can answer your question.

Kahurangi

Knees and Face m’lady. Neither is suitable for publication 😛

“going too fast”

totalshell

got a cracking 18 inch scar down my chest in 12 years non of my lady ‘friends’ have ever passed comment on it

wwaswas

18 inch scar down my chest in 12 years non of my lady ‘friends’ have ever passed comment on it

what, not a word?

how odd.

becky_kirk43
    Free Member

Definitely depends on the story behind a scar. Do guys also like scars on girls? 😛

xherbivorex
    Free Member

i just asked my girlfriend (who rides sports bikes and worked in a motorbike shop for years before becoming a nurse!):

“not really arsed, it probably just shows you’re good at falling off stuff”

emma82
    Free Member

Couldn’t really care less to be honest 🙄

emsz
    Free Member

Wot Em82 said.

bruneep

emma82 – Member

Couldn’t really care less to be honest

FFS we try hard to impress and that is what we get. Thats it no more falling off crashing big time for me.

emma82
    Free Member

I don’t mean it like that you muppet. I just meant that scars aren’t particularly something I look at a bloke and think ‘phwoar’ at you know. I appreciate a man who pushes himself hard enough when he rides to have a good crash. Prob why I like my man so much, he’s always on his arse 🙂 he’ll moan at me now for writing that

sturmey
    Free Member

I dont mind a bit of a gash 😉

Tinners

During a rare moment of boredom, I decided to measure the length of all my scars. They add up to 11″ in total.
    Form an orderly queue, ladies and no fighting at the back……..

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Some scars are pretty sexy…

petrieboy

totalshell – Member
    got a cracking 18 inch scar down my chest in 12 years non of my lady ‘friends’ have ever passed comment on it

Autopsy?? Impressive!!!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I’m waiting for the outcome of this poll before hitting ‘buy now’ on this look….

jon1973
    Free Member

Some scars are pretty sexy…

Hmmm.. I think you’re getting confused between a sexy woman with scars to the scars themselves being sexy. I’m not sure those scars add anything to that woman’s looks.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

But it was a shark bite what made ’em. Sharks are cool.

jon1973
    Free Member

Sharks are indeed cool. That woman is sexy. Maybe it’s just a matter of time before she turns in to a Shark-Woman after a bite like that….not sure how I’d feel about that. I’d need photos before I commit.

emsz
    Free Member

I’ll bet money she doesn’t think those scars are particularly sexy

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Who cares what she thinks emsz? 🙄

This is about my views. Shark bites are cool.

emsz
    Free Member

You get a shark bite, then we can judge whether it’s sexy or not.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

What’s happened to sharki?

gravity-slave
    Free Member

I have a big scar on my head from landing on a patio head first when I was four. The anaesthetic didn’t work when it was being stitched up so Dad held my head shut – it’s not the neatest stitch up job.

I was chatting up a girl and told her about the scar. She asked how I got it. I said it was all to do with the CIA, a roll of microfilm and a steel plate. (I was very drunk!)

Amazingly, the line worked! I put it down to the scar rather than the line…

I just asked the Mrs if she digs scars. She says she digs mine, but don’t get any more. Unlikely…

tazzymtb

chicks digging scars, is rather dependent upon the culture. In many tribes until a chap gets his first significant scars either through rites of passage with ritual scarification or though a nice tussle with something big and toothy ( no, not Janet Street-Porter ) he’s not considered a “man” or worth for seeking as a mate.

In western cultures the need for demonstrating your manliness through the ability to tolerate pain or provide for mate through hunting has gone and I think the size of the wallet and how many shiny things you can provide for ladies is a more significant attractor.

How else would Something like Wayne Rooney have ever mated

emma82
    Free Member

Um sharki I believe is in someones house with little t’internet connection in Devon.

aracer
    Free Member

Well, I was out on safari in africa when our camp was attacked by a grizzly bear. I fought it single-handed, but before I throttled it to death with my bare hands it managed to catch me with a claw

I have to admit I’d be extremely impressed* at anybody who’s camp in africa was attacked by a grizzly bear, never mind the rest.

*impressed may not be exactly the word I was after.

Bunnyhop

When I meet a chap with a visable scar, my curiosity gets the better of me and I ask how, what, when, where? However they don’t do anything for me.

A few years ago I was in Hospital in Whistler and the doctor there (sewing me up at the time) said that there are mtbers who deliberately crash to get scars, so they can brag in the bars later and chat up the girls.

emma82
    Free Member

Don’t fall for it bunnyhop, it’s macho garb to excuse the fact they are rubbish at riding their bikes and don’t want to lose face in front of the nurses 🙂

Bunnyhop

You have a point emma. Have you seen the stuff out there though? So scary.

samuri
    Free Member

Apparently not. I’m covered in scars and I’ve yet to attract a young lady because of any of them. In fact my wife hates the 6 inch long lump of scar tissue on my stomach which is my biggest one.

MrsToast
    Free Member

I’d hazard that it depends on the scar.

I think it depends more on the attractiveness of the gentleman to start with. A scar on a handsome man adds an air of danger and dashing heroism. A scar on an ugly man further compounds his troll like visage, and makes people want to hit him with a spade.

My mate Roy (RIP)had a cracking scar on his torso from when he’d had a kidney removed as a baby. He told everyone at school that it was from being attacked by a vicious pike in the local reservoir. I don’t think it affected his chances with the ladies either way…

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I quite like a cesarean scar. It’s reassuring.

littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

YES

but only if accompanied by a shaved head otherwise you might as well not bother

M1llh0use
    Free Member

Liking tinners idea, measure total length of scar tissue.

Due to a lack of measuring equipment to hand currently I’ve got a long plastic chopstick and a half’s worth.

sharki
    Free Member

No, chicks dig a man with an interesting background or exciting lifestyle, a scar just happens to be a part of one of the many stories.

Oh and hello peeps

downshep

Scar, eagle eyes and gripping hands. Form a queue laydeez.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Poll for the Ladies – Do chicks really dig scars?’ is closed to new replies.