Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)
  • Polis Helicopter crashed in the Clutha Pub.
  • Drac

Think that went without saying Winston but cheers.

adjustablewench
    Free Member

Heard on radio 4 news that it doesn’t have an in flight recorder on board – found that quite suprising

winston_dog
    Free Member

I think that it may be below the size requirement and it doesn’t carry fare paying passengers? Just a guess?

winston_dog
    Free Member

FDR exemption

It’s exempt because of it’s size. Quite surprising.

Drac

News report earlier said they the Police choose to equip them, suppose we’ll find out.

strackbaz
    Free Member

I was outside the pub with a mate an hour before the incident (having a closer look at the Briggait). Headed over to West Brewery and on leaving noticed the helicopter hovering over the Gorbals around 10pm. Cycled by the scene at 11pm, there was a massive response and the police had the place sealed. Just found out the other half works with a guy who plays in the band that were on at the Clutha. Still to hear if he’s okay.

I’ve just learned that there’s a Blood Donor truck in Nelson Mandela place should anyone wish to help. Heading there shortly myself.

Fingers crossed for the folk still trapped.

bencooper
    Free Member

The band are all okay, according to their FB.

Eight dead – three in the helicopter, five on the ground. RIP.

highclimber
    Free Member

Very sad, could have been a lot lot worse. condolences to the bereaved

lovewookie

All my wife know got out OK, one mate of a mate still missing though. There was some mention that the pilot dumped the fuel prior to impact, if that is the case I guess it may have prevented a fireball?

Its clear from some of the Fb postings the guys who were in there and back in to help are suffering from shock. Its all a bit surreal.

hjghg5
    Free Member

I’m staying at the hotel opposite the pub. Wasn’t there last night but have been inside the cordon this evening. Lots of activity and TV crews, the police seem to be getting refreshments etc in the hotel. Not sure how well I’ll sleep with that outside my bedroom window…

matt_outandabout

What a tragic accident. Awful for those involved and their families, but it seems like it could have been so much worse.

coffeeking
    Free Member

It’s all speculation until they’ve inspected the flight recorder.

Light aircraft don’t have flight recorders.

peterfile
    Free Member

I was uncomfortably close to where that happened last night. Complete tragedy, thoughts with all those affected 🙁

The people of this city always amaze me whenever something terrible happens, theres a real feeling of solidarity and i’ve heard from an acquaintance who was involved in the rescue operation that regular people were rushing to the scene to help, despite the obvious danger. People who you’d just walk past in the street suddenly putting their own lives at risk to help a complete stranger.

CountZero

Peterfile, that’s something that was emphasised on the news tonight, how people just rushed into the pub to help, regardless of any risk to themselves. There was an MP being interviewed, who had been helping, and the interviewer said “there’s blood on your shirt”, the bloke looked at him, silent, visibly close to losing control, then just said “it’s not mine”. How he kept his composure I honestly don’t know; I’d have been in pieces at that point.
    My thought are with the families of those lost, it’s a dreadful tragedy for them all. 🙁

bencooper
    Free Member

The people of this city always amaze me whenever something terrible happens, theres a real feeling of solidarity

Indeed – the central mosque just across the river was open all night AFAIK to offer shelter, and just saw that taxi companies are offering free travel for relatives to visit the injured in hospital.

peterfile
    Free Member

Just spotted a tweet from TOA saying that they’ll provide free taxis to anyone with relatives in hospital as a result of the crash if they’re struggling to get there (edit, sorry just saw your post Ben!)

Glasgow can feel tough at times, but in all the places I’ve lived, this is the one where I genuinely feel like people care. I saw a woman getting hit by a motorbike in Hanoi last week and I’m not exaggerating when I say that people simply stepped over her. Compare that to the incident last night, and my own experience a while ago of collapsing in the street and 3 complete strangers (both to me and each other) ooking after me until an ambulance arrived then one of the guys coming to the hospital to check if I needed anything or to call anyone. Humbling city at times.

ChubbyBlokeInLycra
    Free Member

There was an MP being interviewed, who had been helping, and the interviewer said “there’s blood on your shirt”, the bloke looked at him, silent, visibly close to losing control, then just said “it’s not mine”. How he kept his composure I honestly don’t know;

Jim Murphy, former Secretary of State for Scotland was driving past as it happened, jumped out the car and rushed in to help. I heard the interview on the radio this morning and, although you could tell he was shaken, that “blood on your shirt” bit really was a stopper.

Dolcered

Awful events. Thoughts with all families affected. heartwarming to hear how people rallied round to help.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Terrible accident I’ve shed quite a few tears today. I’m Glasgow born and bread so the Clutha has been part of my life for 46 years. My office is 5 minutes away. I don’t t know what to say other than rest in peace and my thoughts are with those affected.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Feel sorry for the families on the news that have loved ones missing who use the pub as their local.

athgray
    Free Member

Terrible news. Have not seen the Jim Murphy interview, but have always had time for him. Good to see people pulling together.

coffeeking
    Free Member

There was an MP being interviewed, who had been helping, and the interviewer said “there’s blood on your shirt”, the bloke looked at him, silent, visibly close to losing control, then just said “it’s not mine”. How he kept his composure I honestly don’t know;

That’s fascinating, I didn’t “read” that that way at all. I thought he looked remarkably composed, if a little tired.

scotroutes

I loathe Jim Murphy for his politics/politicians but the man has gone up in my estimation 1,000-fold for his part in last nights drama and his demeanour whilst being grilled by the feeding frenzy of journalists.

doh
    Free Member

Didn’t realise who it was giving the interview 1st time I saw it. Just thought he was a brave man and his experiences of the night where only slowly catching up on him, a rare and genuine moment that I will remember for a long time.

althepal

He did seem genuinely shaken.. like he was stunned tbh. They guys used to speaking in public but fair play to him. He seemed like it had got to him.

overbikedagain
    Free Member

Glasgow comedians benefit gig for Clutha victims Sunday 22 December

I’d go to this if not busy….great line up…..billy Connelly used to reguLarly play at the Clutha…

Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)

The topic ‘Polis Helicopter crashed in the Clutha Pub.’ is closed to new replies.