Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Policeman in ignorance of the law shocker….
  • Stoner
    Free Member

…and another policeman fully versed in the law too 🙂

A complaint has been lodged after a man stood naked on a Trafalgar Square plinth as part of the ongoing One and Other art installation

Ex-detective Mark Williams-Thomas said his wife and children were "annoyed and upset". He complained to police but Mr Holwell was not taken off the plinth.

Mr Williams-Thomas said Mr Holwell committed an offence under common law by exposing himself.

But a Metropolitan Police spokesman said: "We have been advised that appearing naked in public is not a crime unless it is of lewd or obscene nature."

Prissy twot.

retro83
    Free Member

Ex-detective Mark Williams-Thomas said his wife and children were "annoyed and upset". He complained to police but Mr Holwell was not taken off the plinth.

I suspect it was mostly him who was 'annoyed and upset' and that his wife and children were either indifferent or mildly amused by it.

Stoner
    Free Member

or trying to put as much distance between themselves and their god-fearin' father as possible. 🙂

BigDummy
    Free Member

I have no grasp of why there was a naked man installed in Trafalgar Square as art. But it is hard to see that it is the sort of thing that should be a crime.

BigDummy
    Free Member

Fortunately, this picture of the outrageous indecency has been censored to protect our morals and the fabric of our society.

Junkyard
    Free Member

to be fair some people naked are obscene some are beautiful.
    This thread needs pictures.
    EDIT: OMG 😳 its a naked man of course that is obscene what were they thinking off 😉

Stoner
    Free Member

but hes not naked, he's carrying a briefcase!

Handsomedog
    Free Member

Wasn't another guy asked politely to put some pants on? or was that the same guy?

montylikesbeer

Copper in "only my morals count" shocker………………….

cynic-al
    Free Member

Why aren't the Sun or whoever buzzing him with RC choppers like they did with David Blaine?

Olly
    Free Member

i dont understand how someone can be "annoyed" by a naked person.
    "upset?"

he wasnt rubbing his gonads in his childs face.

wife might be bitter i guess?

Stoner
    Free Member

maybe the man on the plinth was hung like a baboon* and little surrey rozzer felt a bit overwhelmed what with his wife there and all? 🙂

* Im relying on blackadder with respect to information about baboon genitalia

nickc

I'm certain now that this has come to light (so to speak) endless hordes of Daily Mail readers can be retrospectively outraged…Even though they didn't see it themselves…

yossarian
    Free Member

there was a good joke about pigeons, winny mandela and nelson's column

BigDummy
    Free Member

BoardinBob

I've got a private parking company trying to extort thousands of pounds from the residents of my street by falsely claiming they have the authority to issue parking tickets on a public road.

I complained to the police and was told it's a civil matter 🙄

thegreatape
    Free Member

He's not a policeman.

BigDummy
    Free Member

MrAgreeable

I have no grasp of why there was a naked man installed in Trafalgar Square as art.

He's not the art. The fact that, as a random exhibitionist member of the public, he could get up there on a plinth with all them fancy statues is the art. Isn't it?

miketually
    Free Member

Shouldn't the policeman have been off beating up innocent bystanders?

Stoner
    Free Member

as long as the man on the plinth wasnt "beating off" then that's OK 😉

BigDummy
    Free Member

He's not the art. The fact that … he could get up there on a plinth with all them fancy statues is the art.

I have exactly the same difficulties with why this should be the case. 🙂

MrAgreeable

You'll never make the panel of Late Review with that attitude. 🙂

I have to agree that this does seem to be a fairly pointless exercise, kind of like a Big Brother audition but with more marble. The previous Anthony Gormley pieces that involved members of the public had a genteel kind of feel to them, like the one where he encouraged people to take casts of their bodies. Despite being equally pointless in its own way, that seems to be a bit more dignified and meaningful than some bloke on a plinth shouting at people or waving his tadger for an hour.

roper
    Free Member

I think they should leave the plinth empty to express the void modern British art has inflicted on itself recently.

With regards to the story I can't see why it was mentioned the person who took offence was an ex-policeman? Being central London I would image quite a few other policemen and policewomen reacted in a normal way to it.

Nonsense
    Free Member

He is an EX policeman. But I'm not sure why that has anything to do with it. The Police didn't do anything about it because it wasn't lewd or obscene so in actual fact they agreed with everyone else here who has posted a comment. The EX police officer is clearly just a bit of a ****t. But it's not because he's an EX police officer, it's because he's a bit of a ****t.

grizzlygus
    Free Member

Mr Holwell, who works in a double-glazing factory, added: "It's the human form, everyone's the same……[/b]

I can definitely spot the bollox there.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Policeman in ignorance of the law shocker….’ is closed to new replies.