Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • police and warrants
  • showerman
    Free Member

so when they remove someones door with the ENFORCER to gain access who pays to put right the damage.im not expecting the rozzers around just watching the tv now while the remove someones patio door.

elma
    Free Member

If they get the wrong door they do.
    If its the right door its part of the punishment.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Ahhh, the joys of the big red yale key…. 🙂

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    santacruzsi
    Free Member

As showerman says. Although they have to secure a premises, but that doesnt have to be a brand new door, just could be a temporary measure, then it’s for the ‘suspect’ to sort it themselves!

Kato

If it’s put it in to “save life and limb” then they pay for a new door. However, if it’s to effect arrest it just gets boarded up

ronjeremy
    Free Member

and if it’s wrong door?

easygirl

its never the wrong door!

meehaja
    Free Member

the council pay most of the time…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Kato, beer…..email me!

Kato

the council pay most of the time…

Aye, it’s usually their property

Flash, roger that

konabunny
    Free Member

Womp womp. A warrant is not a punitive device.

franciscobegbie
    Free Member

If they get the wrong door they do.

No problem, Judge Dredd.

warton
    Free Member

they dosn’t need a warrent in a lot of cases. If they believe a suspect is in the propeaty and aren’t answering the door no warrant is needed…

bruneep

its never the wrong door!

never ever put the wrong door in, oh no not me!

😳

fisha
    Free Member

nope – i’ve never seen that happen either …. never …. 😕

drslow
    Free Member

Happened to me once. My ex-wife parked her car outside my house while on holiday as she had bought a new one and was selling this one. Anyway, I was staying over at my girlfriends one night and came back the next day after work to find the door boarded up and a note from the police. Neighbour across the road came and explained what happened. The car my ex left had ended up in his hedge across the road. He had heard the crash and assumed joyriders and phoned the police. Out comes plod, who in an innocent until proven guilty way kicked in my door as they thought i might have been drink driving (I had another car and it was with me, however this one was registered to my address where the ex used to live). Anyway, i replaced the door at my expenses and then went to the cop shop to submit a complaint. Once the complaint was investigated, it came back to say the duty sergeant had authorised the ‘raid’ as the officers onsite reported hearing screams from inside and assumed I was busy murdering my ex. Now this is where I got really annoyed, as my neighbour through the wall was also on holiday so there was NOTHING in either house that could make a sound (it being 2am). The car got lifted onto a low loader, sent to forensics and myself, the ex, and my new girlfriend had to make a statement detailing where we were (and i was) on the night in question. Not the best start to a new relationship! Anyway I continued to pursue the police complaint for discipline action against the over zealous officers and the duty sergeant and wouldn’t let it lie. End result, they disciplined the officers, apologised and paid for my door. Plus my girlfriend is now my wife 🙂 and the cause behind all this. The handbrake cable had snapped on the car, and with the steering turned slightly, it caused it to roll backwards into the hedge across the road.

Lifer
    Free Member

warton – Member
    they dosn’t need a warrent in a lot of cases. If they believe a suspect is in the propeaty and aren’t answering the door no warrant is needed…

That doesn’t sound right at all.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Lifer .. is is COMPELTELY correct! PACE gives us powers to enter properties without warrants. Life and limb is another one you don’t need a warrant along with what Lifer said.

uplink
    Free Member

A few years ago there was an old dear around here who got her door beaten down early one morning and her house stormed, turned out the the they’d got the wrong street
    The poor love turned from a cheerful old lady to a nervous wreck for the rest of her days, she was petrified every time she heard something outside and wouldn’t answer the door, sure that as she got close it would come though

No way to end your days

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Lifer, Google section 17 PACE. Usually if the raid is justified ie. Stuff found then police don’t pay. If nothing is found they are open to claims. In reality as has already been said most raided properties are owned by or paid for by local authority. So in short who pays? – we do.

avdave2

The handbrake cable had snapped on the car, and with the steering turned slightly, it caused it to roll backwards into the hedge across the road.

I assume the ex now leaves her car in gear?

duckman

I remember walking out of our flat and passing the police on the stairs with the ram,very polite they were to us,wishing us a good evening as they went upstairs and put the idiot above’s door in,giving us a nice quiet weekend as the bawbag above was unable to fight with his girl or play “castles in the sky” on track repeat until he appeared from the cells.

deluded
    Free Member

To use the ‘Enforcer’ you have to go on a ‘Method of Entry’ course. I did it about 9 or so years ago – basically there were a series of wooden doors hung in a specially constructed metal frame, grid type thing. Two other officers brace the door and you have to bust them through in quick succession – absolutely knackering swinging what is a heavy bit of kit as you can imagine. When I reached the end door to put in, I’d become quite ragged with fatigue – nearly took me own bollox out.

Forced entries are either met with emphatic success or utter humiliation – there isn’t a great deal of middle ground in my experience.

easygirl

The new composite doors are a bloody nightmare!
    It’s easier to go in through a window

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

The useless plod round here would probbly forget the Enforcer and leave it behind in the nick, let alone get the address right… 😆

deluded
    Free Member

Fred – yeah, that’s happened in the past as well.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

LOL @ Deluded .. chuckling away to myself at many a comedy door entry! Exactly as Easygirl said! UPVC doors normally end up smashign the window and crawling through the whole anyway!!

project
    Free Member

I had a customer ring me one saturday night at 23.00hrs, said his door had been kicked in and was destroyed, also it was his daughter who was alone in the house when thugs burst in,i went into sympathy mode, asked for address, and details of the door, explained i would only be able to secure it as the door warehouse was closed till next morning.

When i asked if the police had been around to fingerprint the door etc, before i went to board it up, he said ,yes theyre the ones who kicked the door in, looking for stolen goods, and theyve taken her boyfreind away or he could have done it hes quite handy with his hands the chap said.

Strangely he didnt seem very happy when i told him the callout cost,and i wasnt going to send the bill to the police,as he would have to pay me, and then he could try and fail to claiam off the police,he thought i would do it for a crate of lager and a handshake.

uplink
    Free Member

I did see a funny one on the TV where plod were struggling to ‘open’ the door
    They were being heckled by a bunch of kids in the background and one of the kids chirped up “roll the fat one over and let him have a go” or something like that 🙂

morgs
    Free Member

My ex-wife parked her car….

Plus my girlfriend is now my wife….

didn’t learn then? 😯

konabunny
    Free Member

Don’t people like the boyfriend make business for you though? 😆

donsimon
    Free Member

and then he could try and fail to claiam off the police,he thought i would do it for a crate of lager and a handshake.

Clearly he thought you were a bike mechanic… Oh hang on , that’s a packet of Jaffa Cakes and a cup of tea, isn’t it?

BigJohn

I assume the ex now leaves her car in gear?

Better than leaving her gear in the car

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

The new composite doors are a bloody nightmare!
    It’s easier to go in through a window

Nice to know my £800 has been well spent. 🙂

FuzzyWuzzy

They should get the Hydro-Noa door opener the Israeli’s use that they showed on Future Weapons, made short work of a reinforced steel door with multiple bolts on 3 or 4 sides…

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘police and warrants’ is closed to new replies.