Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Polar RS800CX PTE/Garmin Edge 500/Garmin Edge 705/Garmin Edge 800
  • drotos
    Free Member

Hi!

I’ve a Macbook, so use Mac OSX. I’d like a training computer. I want to use preloaded hrm based workouts, would like to monitor my cadence, speed and need the total distance of course. I’d use it on/offroad for training, XC, marathon and cyclocross racing, too… Which one should I choose?

Could the Garmins record R-R intervalls?

geoffj

Unless you need navigation Edge 500 will do all that.

drotos
    Free Member

Sometimes I need navigation, but i have a Garmin Oregon 300, too… and an Android-based mobile phone. 8)

lookmanohands
    Free Member

I’ve got a polar 800cx, works great seems quite accurate. Won’t work with a MAC, however there is a work around which will alow you to use polar protrainer with the MAC.

drotos
    Free Member

What about R-R intervalls?

drotos
    Free Member

I’ve got a polar 800cx, works great seems quite accurate. Won’t work with a MAC, however there is a work around which will alow you to use polar protrainer with the MAC.

Do You mean Parallels Desktop, or…?

lookmanohands
    Free Member

Intervals should be ok, you’ve got a lap button but no programmable timer. Just about to get a MAC so googled the compatibility and there was a link that took you to the polar help site and it talked too through how to do it.

drotos
    Free Member

I have already used a Polar Rs800Cx… used that with Parallels. A little bit complicated. But I like the R-R intervalls and I think only the RS800 could record that.

legspin
    Free Member

I have a edge800,I use it for tracking my rides so basically a very expensive bike computer. But when I use it for navigating places I don’t know using the bundled os maps it is so easy to follow. It makes navigation quick (no stopping to look at maps) and accurate as you have points of reference on the map instead of just a bread crumb trail like on the old units.
    Using memory map to plan my routes then uploading to the 800 I have found loads more routes from my doorstep and increased the distance I ride.
    Yes the 800 is expensive but if your going to use it for exploring its bloody ace 😀

geoffj

What do you mean by R-R intervalls ?

aracer
    Free Member

Beat to beat data. If you don’t need nav, then a Suunto T6c is also an option (and does R-R) – though owning one of those I sometimes wish I still had a Polar as both the watch and the PC s/w are more user friendly (more reliable than Polars I’ve owned though).

drotos
    Free Member

I have problems with Polar. There are a lot of interferences between the .hrm belt and a few jersey. I don’t like the Polar software, hate to use Windows for that. I don’t like that i need a lot of dedicated sensors if I wanna use the rs800 with different bikes. (2 speed-, 2 cadence… etc.)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Polar RS800CX PTE/Garmin Edge 500/Garmin Edge 705/Garmin Edge 800’ is closed to new replies.