Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Polar / Garmin HRM compatability
  • Doh1Nut

I have a Garmin Forerunner 305 with HRM which I am happy with except the Heart Rate strap is an uncomfortable plasticy thing. I am sure that one with a fabric strap would be more comfortable, but the Garmin Premium strap is £60 which I am struggling to justify.
    Polar have a fabric strap transmitter for £35- but does it work with a Garmin?

Anyone tried?

clubber
    Free Member

Unlikely since they're coded to avoid interference.

Doh1Nut

Unlikely perhaps but you get the opportunity to pair devices (bluetooth stylee) and the Garmin is made to the Ant standard.

njee20
    Free Member

No, apparently they're not, which is a shame!

boblo
    Free Member

No they are defintitely not. I have both Polar HRM's and a Garmin Edge thingy and need two straps to drive both at the same time.

wwaswas

do you have two hearts boblo?

njee20
    Free Member

Why would you want both at the same time?

boblo
    Free Member

Cos I've used the Polar stuff for ages and I use it's calorie info as a relative measure and it's altitude measure as an absolute one. I do most of my training using Polar HRM's and the Edge just as a fancy bike computer/route logger when doing bike specific training.

Garmins calorie info is cobblers (well they're all cobblers but Garmins even more so) and the alti info seems a bit unreliable. Both are equally accurate (or inaccurate?) when logging HRM data.

I know it dunt make sense, SWMBO bought me the Edge and well, you know….

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Polar / Garmin HRM compatability’ is closed to new replies.