Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • pointless thread! SHOW ME YOUR DB ALPINES…please. I’m bored.
  • alpin
    Free Member

they seem to be mentioned more and more on here….

i’ll start.

better pics to follow on monday! i’m off to bed.

Rich_s

Not got a piccy to hand Alpin, but ISTR you having an issue with seattube size on yours earlier in the year? Same on mine – 27.2mm Thomson is a loose fit even when fully inserted (410mm). Still using a cheapo QR, which has marked the post quite badly – funnily enough greasing the post helps keep it in place.

I’ll be getting a Hope QR next to see if it helps…

chimpymcchimp

Anyone selling their frame? 😉

Pretty please?

Rich_s

You must be joking – corking bikes 😉

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Not got a piccy to hand Alpin, but ISTR you having an issue with seattube size on yours earlier in the year? Same on mine – 27.2mm Thomson is a loose fit even when fully inserted (410mm). Still using a cheapo QR, which has marked the post quite badly – funnily enough greasing the post helps keep it in place.

I’ll be getting a Hope QR next to see if it helps…

I also had this problem on mine. I used one of those Identiti cheap seat clamps and it was crap and kept slipping.

I then bought an equally cheap DMR QR clamp (some mass produced item) off CRC and its much better and doesnt seem to slip (maybe sometimes)

When I full insert the post into the frame, its nice and tight. I think the top couple of icnhes of the Thomson post is slightly wider than the rest for some reason. Why is this?

Coyote
    Free Member

In happier days, just built and never riden.

However we aren’t seeing eye-to-eye so we are in the slow process of splitting up. I get to keep the forks and all the finishing kit and she gets to go to someone who’ll treat her right.

longweight
    Free Member

Wanna sell me the frame Coyote?!

alpin
    Free Member

@ Rich-S….i don’t understand what ISTR means but, yes i was having difficulty tightening up the seat clamp. was having to put lots of pressure on to close it and was hurting my hand in the process. it was a cheapo clamp but it had worked ok on the Sanderson (same size seat tube).

then put on my Salsa bolt-up clamp and it was fine; just a pain having to keep a hex key in the pocket.

picked up a Salsa QR clamp and now its all hunky-dorey. Salsa clamp has a nice big lever and is nicely machined. hardly any pressure is needed to throw the lever and it holds tight. Recommended.

Coyote – why don’t you get on with it?

i was hoping for more photos.

BigDummy
    Free Member

Alpin, you aren’t using a VRO-specific bar as far as I can see. Have you had any bother with that?

I’m running a VRO bar that I don’t much like and wondering whether there are any issues with replacing it with something else.

ta

Jon

PS – great wall, BTW

Jamie
    Free Member

Another +1 for the Salsa QRs. No slippage at all with a Thomson post, plus you can get them in blingy colours.

jimmy

What Jamie said… I lurrrrv da Alpine

alpin
    Free Member

@ fellow VRO user. i don’t know what yuou mean. that’d be heresay.

@ Jamie. I know. I’ve got GOLD!!!!

http://www4.hibike.de/main.php?sessionID=D1c4ec9bfa2ba63f0c6816b5f7d291c71&method=m_popup&sub=image&pageID=1_k_39cdfdb5423a79e73ec71321085373dd_1_2&idx=8126

BigDummy
    Free Member

Ah. Yours is considerably blinger than mine! Looks excellent.

alpin
    Free Member

700mm. really industrial looking system, isn’t it?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘pointless thread! SHOW ME YOUR DB ALPINES…please. I’m bored.’ is closed to new replies.