Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Pod Coffee Machines
  • MrNutt
    Free Member

just another toy for the soda stream generation?

Big-M
    Free Member

Jumped up kettles!

nosherduke996
    Free Member

Superb bit of kit. Got a Dolci Gusto last christmas and it has been used everyday since, we love it

flamejob
    Free Member

They're not jumped up kettles….

….THAT is a jumped up kettle.

grantway
    Free Member

I have a Magimix Nespresso coffee machine
    Very good blend of real coffee in a capsule
    Blinding machine mate well worth the money.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Stove top all the way. Like the look of the pod's but is all the waste really necessary.?

skidartist
    Free Member

just another toy for the soda stream generation?

I was standing in John Lewis's the other day and thinking the exact same thing. But i think its people who didn't have a Soda Stream or a Mr Frosty that buy them.

I predict the big thing next christmas will be a tiny little counter-top malt house and whisky still. Or a tiny little water wheel that you can run under the tap to make your own stone ground oatmeal.

ScoobysM8
    Free Member

It's the equivalent of cartridge bearings as opposed to the man's way of doing stuff lol

saleem
    Free Member

Got to say that I've got a magimix and I think it's great, three stove tops of various sizes and still use them all depending on what I want, and for how many people are wanting a coffee,Soda steams were also a product which we had in our house, infact we had two side by side and as far as Mr frosty…my son has one, that way everyone is happy.

sunchaser
    Free Member

Stove top good, Nespresso pods better IMO.

I have a Krupps machine & love it.

tumnurkoz
    Free Member

nespresso=nescafe coffee?

oddjob
    Free Member

Nespresso is ACE

Jerome
    Free Member

nespresso here
    25p a cup…
    Saves me buying out..

Kuco

I like my nespresso machine.

wwaswas

I like my nespresso machine.

we have one of the mroe expensive delonghi ones and my wife says the lattes are really good. I just have espressos.

Android
    Free Member

Nespresso here too, got one last Christmas brilliant!

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

My only experiance of this kind of thing is the Tassimo thing that was in my room in a hotel for a weeks stay.

After persevering for a week, my conclusion was that it is an utter, unmitigated piece of shit.

GrahamS

Got a Tassimo here. Bit of a gadget. I wouldn't have bought it for myself, but I was given it as a present.

PROS:
    Works well with minimal fuss and produces exactly the same drink every time.
    Much less hassle than a stove top.
    Much better flavour than instant.

CONS:
    Waste. Surely the could have done refillable pods?
    Expense. Cheaper than Starbucks, but a lot more expensive than instant and ground.

After persevering for a week, my conclusion was that it is an utter, unmitigated piece of shit.

😕 Such strong feelings over a coffee machine? What did it do wrong exactly?

GrahamS

Most Tassimo discs are £3.29 for 16 – so about 20½p a cup.

scotia
    Free Member

tumnurkoz – Member

nespresso=nescafe coffee?

No.

GrahamS – Member

CONS:
    Waste. Surely the could have done refillable pods?

Really? dont think they'd have thought about that before?

Dont get me wrong, im all against capsule machines, personally i use a bodum..

Just maybe think about the work involved to make a capsule that is resealable and reuseable..

GrahamS

Just maybe think about the work involved to make a capsule that is resealable and reuseable..

I have done. Two possible solutions come to my (non-designer) mind:
    1) use the resealable lids like the ones on Tupperware
    2) just make it part of the machine where you put in a scoop of ground coffee.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

:S Such strong feelings over a coffee machine? What did it do wrong exactly?

Delivered bland inspid beverages, while removing options open to a kettle & spoon combo. Just as much faff, twice the waste, half the beverage enjoyment.

GrahamS

Hmm.. guess it depends what discs it came with. I like:

Carte Noire Crema Intenso

Kenco Caffe Crema

Neither are bland or insipid.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

I'm no coffee snob (I habitually use a french press and ready ground coffee for example) but I've never tasted anything by Kenco or Carte Noir that I've liked. But if you use a tassimo, you're kinda pushed into using one of the small number of availible products.

Nothing makes conventional english style black tea like boiling water and a teapot either. If I want hot chocolate nothing beats cocoa and sugar, I don't want a foil thing with added chemicals to make it frothy and 'creamy'. If I want it creamy, I'll add cream. If I want frothed milk enough to bother with the faff, I'll break out a saucepan and the milk frother attachment to my kitchen whisk. The simulation that machine produced is nothing like the real thing and isn't any good in it own right either, which I could live with.

Thats why I disliked it.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Pod Coffee Machines’ is closed to new replies.