Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • POC Trabec loosening
  • harryjan
    Free Member

I’ve had a poc trabec helmet since last summer and whilst generally its been great, it seems to have the worry tendency to loosen self mid ride, generally on the rough sort of terrain you dont want that happening on!

Has anyone else experienced similar with the retention clips?

Is it possible to replace helmet retention systems?

Its a 2013 model in case they’ve changed it since then.

julzm
    Free Member

Yep I’ve had this. Two issues:
    – my old helmet had suffered a direct impact with a large Boulder (unfortunately my head was inside it at the time, but I was more concerned with the broken arm). After that it would release constantly so I got rid and got another one.

– next trabec, it kept doing it, however I discovered that the clip can be moved further down the back of your head over the little bump but that sticks out half way down the rear of skull. If you get it below that it then doesn’t release.

So, check for damage, and if all ok, try moving the retention clip and see if that helps.

ojom
    Free Member

OP, I would be keen to replace that for you, it shouldn’t be doing that.

Email me on markdownie@2pure.co.uk next week and we can send you out a new one. I’ll need that one back from you of course. Hopefully we will have your choice of colour in stock.

Have an ace weekend.

Mark
    2pure

chris36860
    Free Member

Yep, here too. On a hours ride, I need to push the clips together maybe 5 times. It just seems to work loose when the trail gets rough. Mine is a few years old now so put it down to wear and tear. It’s the only reason I wouldn’t buy another.

harryjan
    Free Member

Thanks chaps!

gibbonarms
    Free Member

Yep, my trabac does it as well, normally on very steep stuff where you just can’t stop and need a helmet most.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘POC Trabec loosening’ is closed to new replies.