Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • POC gloves and pads
  • atlaz
    Free Member

Anyone tried them? Read some good things about them but given how rare they are in the UK currently, I’m not sure how much of that is PR.

kimbers

their full faces sound good too

pedalhead
    Free Member

Knee/shin armour the best I’ve worn, allowing really good movement without slippage. Will be buying some soon for sure.

sharki
    Free Member

Got a few mates that use the gear and love it as well as rate it highly.

The Bike Chain in Edinburgh is the place to source it. I fink.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

sharki – Member
    Got a few mates that use the gear and love it as well as rate it highly.

The Bike Chain in Edinburgh is the place to source it. I fink.

*nods*

jam-bo

Got the freeride gloves and bone kneepads. Expensive but really good quality gear.

CountZero

Review on the gloves in the latest Dirt, and they look the mutts. I much prefer having hard protection over my knuckles, and my old Oakley Factory Pilots are my benchmark for comfort and protection. Poc’s pads and shorts look tasty, too.

markd
    Free Member

hey

we sell a lot of it (the bike chain as noted above) and are 100% behind it. great stuff. just been in the alps for a week using the VPD knee and elbows plus the index flow gloves and a cortex flow helmet, cannot find fault in any of the kit at all. well made, works well when you have to use it (we had some comedy crash moments when the armour did its job very very well.

gratuitous pic of it in use (not the helmet though) just cause it was so much fun.

get some.

jimbobrighton
    Free Member

cyclesurgery stock it too
    linky

guitarhero
    Free Member

I’ve got the bone knee shin guards. As said the protection offered is a step above other brands. The knee articulation is genius.
    Supremely comfy, particularly noticeable after a few hours when other pads would be cutting your legs in half.
    On the downside though, the stitching is a bit questionable and mine has started to unravel in a couple of spots.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

From my experience all their sizes come up small.

I tried the large VPD knee pads but unfortunately they were way too small, as were the Receptor flow pisspot and gloves. All looked excellent just a shame none fitted and no stock of larger receptors in the country.

The bone pads are awesome but my mate got in there and got some first and I don’t want to get around looking like team stormtrooper. The way the knee bit just floats around is weird at first but so comfy.

C’mon POC not everyone who rides bike is jockeyesque.

AndyA
    Free Member

Can anyone comment on how the VPD knees compare to 661 Kyle straight knees for comfort and protection? Would they be more comparable to to the 661 evos?

Cheers

Houns

Nice kit Mark, shame about those Spethual shoes

matthewlhome
    Free Member

i have some of the VPD kneepads. Really comfy and flexible. The pad material seems to be more than double the thickness of the 661 evos i’ve seen, but haven’t tried those out.

Unfortunately the only crash i have had in them , I managed to land on everything but my knees…

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘POC gloves and pads’ is closed to new replies.