Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Plusnet mail + Macbook = fail
  • mikey74
    Free Member

Well, it’s gone again. When I first got my Macbook I had difficulty getting Mail to accept my Plusnet account, but one day it suddenly started working. Three months later (and, somewhat suspiciously, after ab update) it stopped working again.

I understand it’s to do with the fact that Plusnet e-mail servers aren’t secured.

Anyone else had this issue and fixed it?

Russell96

It’s a change in the security settings in OSX that’s the issue, you fix the settings and 24 hours later you have to do it again, to solve it apart from not using SSL/TLS for your email server settings do the following >>

Mail / Preferences / Accounts / Highlight your Plusnet Account / Select Advanced / Un-tick the “Automatically detect and maintain account settings”

mikey74
    Free Member

Thanks but still not working.

codybrennan
    Free Member

Tried an alternative mail client for a check, maybe Thunderbird?

mikey74
    Free Member

Tried Thunderbird before and didn’t really like it. I shouldn’t have to, though.

mikey74
    Free Member

Well, I’ve removed the account and set up a new one and so far it seems to be working. Let’s see for how long.

Russell96

Here’s my working setup

mikey74
    Free Member

Yep, that’s what I’ve got and what I’ve had, except for the “Automatically detect and….” box, which I have now unticked.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Plusnet mail + Macbook = fail’ is closed to new replies.