Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Plusnet Broadband ?
  • Mounty_73

I am currently on 02 bb, but looking at changing. I am bit limited on options due to the exchange/location.

Plusnet are coming up an option, does anyone have any opinions on them?

Never had any experience with them myself or with clients. I dont want BT or sky.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

That’s unfortunate, as they are BT in another hat.

They seem OK; but they all do until something goes amiss.

bruneep

Zen here. Not the cheapest but great service, especially when it comes to giving BT wholesale a rocket up their arse.

verses

Been with them for years. Well priced and a does what it says on the tin service.

Their email server was hacked about 4-5 years ago causing spam levels to rise, they tackled that with better spam filtering and I can’t think of any other problems they’ve had.

Mounty_73

I know most of them are ‘BT’ in disguise, but I dont want to be with ‘BT’, sick to the back teeth of their customer service over the years! 🙂

Not had any dealings with plusnet, so just wanted to see what the STW massive thought of them 😉

reluctantwrinkly
    Free Member

I’ve been with them for years, no problems at all. They were in fact the only people who were willing to install broadband as our speed was so low. Must perhaps look at their pricing now as I have just let it ride.

dawson

been with them for years – no problems – about £11/month for 60gb/month peak usage (unlimited off peak -midnight-7am- which comes in handy 😉 )

midlifecrashes

Most of them aren’t BT in disguise, they’re reselling bought in BT bandwidth over BT local lines with a greater or lesser use of their own kit beyond the exchange. Plusnet is actually wholly owned by BT, has been for five years or so.

bigsurfer
    Free Member

I have been with plusnet for the last 12 months, no problems and good levels of email comunication. I work from home most of the time and think that paying a little more is worth it for good reliable service. Think we pay £17 a month but we are in fairly rural devon so no option of non BT under a different name.

If you really want great customer service go with Zen, they are brilliant with a relatively small office staffed in England by english speaking people that sort your problems out. You do pay a bit for the service though.

tyke
    Free Member

Been with them for 5 years. Good overall service, reliable and not too many performance issues. They do packet shape the network traffic to restrict Peer-to-peer downloads. I average about 6MB download on their 8mb download service.

5thElefant
    Free Member

I’ve used them for several years. They went through spells of DNS problems which would last for days and they don’t respond to raised tickets but on balance they’ve been fine.

rkk01
    Free Member

Happy with them – been a customer for 6-7 years or more.

poor BT line speed is the main handicap where I am

yesiamtom
    Free Member

i looked at plusnet when i moved house, seemed like really good reviews but in the end i went with a local company called newnet. They are based about 5 miles away from my house and are realyl good to talk to. I pay roughly £20 for 24mb(i get 14-16) uncapped internet. Its worth checking for some local providers – In my experience the service is better.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Well I’m trying to get their broadband 🙁

In their defence, the plusnet side of the opertion has been great, it’s BT who can’t seem to get the phone lines to work.

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

no problems here for the last 4-5 years

P20

We’ve had them for a couple of months. Seem ok. The router was shite, but we’ve just used an old we had kicking about.

verses

<cheeky_bugger>
    If you’re signing up to PlusNet feel free to pop my email address in the referrals box, as I’ll save roughly tuppence-ha’penny on my monthly subscription costs 😉

verses AT verses DOT free-online DOT co DOT uk

Plus it sometimes gets you a benefit too, not sure if they have an offer at the moment though.
    </cheeky_bugger>

almightydutch
    Free Member

Lost faith in PlusNet after they screwed up a B-End shift for me. Admittedly it was part BT fault but PlusNet’s customer service for the fault was next to useless.
    Have been with BT direct now for 6 years and now have the fastest FTTC(BT Infinity) they offer and have 40 meg down and over 10meg up. I do pay for it though, best part of £40 a month with line rental but the service is bllistering.
    On a aide note, because I was one of the first to sign up for the Infinity I was chosen ot test a new games console which works the same as cloud based computing. Got paid £150 for it and so effectively my broadband for the year is cheaper than it was before. WIN!!!

Cletus

I have been with PlusNet for approx 8 years throught two house moves.

Happy with the service and speed I have received.

reluctantwrinkly
    Free Member

“In their defence, the plusnet side of the opertion has been great, it’s BT who can’t seem to get the phone lines to work.”

Spot on!

TheFopster
    Free Member

Switched to them a couple of months ago when I moved house. Had lost faith/patience with Virgin. So far they’ve been good. Problems at start were a result of BT, and once up and running they’ve been good. Phone people are UK based and seem decent.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Plusnet Broadband ?’ is closed to new replies.