Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Plus in car DAB thingies
  • dashed
    Free Member

Any one used one of those little DAB module things – any good? What’s the reception like etc?

sadexpunk

i do. experimented with different aerials from dabonwheels and finally worked out the best one for me is a magnetic aerial. reception is great, drops for a few seconds at the same place in town, but thats hardly ever. contented just listening to 6 music whenever im in the car.

EDIT: didnt want a wire trailing across my roof, so i paid a few quid for an extra long aerial lead, and have the aerial on my hatch (octavia) with the lead tucked into recesses, down side of seats etc so its as innocuous as it can be.

simmy
    Free Member

I’ve got a DAB radio in the van so can comment on the add on module but, when I was researching ariels, the opinions were to get a magnetic one.

I got one from Halfords and put it in the back of the roof and ran the wire through.

The reception is as good as the factory DAB in my car.

craigxxl
    Free Member

I have the Pure Highway module same as the Alpine version. The windscreen antenna was pretty much useless (Mondeo heated screen probably didn’t help) and needed to replace the factory fitted one which now gives perfect reception. Dab on Wheelswill provide you with the right antenna at a good price. Beware a lot of modern cars have keyed bases for antennas now so you may need to modify to fit which can be a pain. Otherwise look at your car maker for a replacement antenna with the right base.

bikemike1968
    Free Member

I’ve used a Pure Highway for 5 years in my works van.
    As above, use a magnetic mount aerial on the roof – the stick on windscreen ones are hopeless.
    The highway has an aux out connection so you can plug it directly into your car radio or, if your car stereo doesn’t have an aux in, it broadcasts on a spare fm frequency so you can tune your car radio into that. This works surprisingly well, but obviously the direct connection is better.
    The highway is a simple unit with only three preset stations and it can be a bit fiddly to tune into others.
    I’d recommend it though – TMS in crystal clear sound is brilliant.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Plus in car DAB thingies’ is closed to new replies.