Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Plumbing help
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

I need to sort drainage in my new kitchen. On one side of the outlet will be the sink, on the other (& about a metre away) drainage for a DW, WM and condensing output of boiler. How do I arrange the drainage for these 3?

Junkyard
    Free Member

]as long as gravity is your friend anyway you like.
    You can get double connectors for under the sink (attach the dishwasher and washing machine hose and then add another to the pipe going out nearer your boiler .
    As long as it is going downhill
    http://www.ashfordheating.com/images/uploaded/traps_waste_fittings.pdf

midlifecrashes

If it’s all on an outside wall on the ground floor, just bite the bullet and drill a separate outlet through the outside wall for each appliance. Connect to drain separately outside if poss as easier to diagnose blockages/overflows later on, also maximises cupboard space not having lateral runs.

cynic-al
    Free Member

It’s on the other side of the sink so I can’t put connectors into that p-trap.

I know the basics but I don’t know whether I can have a stand pipe & P-trap for the WM then connect the DW and boiler “downstream” of that and then have no p-trap between them and the drain.

I need to get it right as once it’s complete I’d have ro rip half the kitchen out to look at it again.

I CBA drilling a separate outlet I’m afraid (and there should be no need IMO)

mk1fan
    Free Member

If you run 50mm pipework back to you soil/drain connection then you should be able to connect all of the items. You could get a ‘dishwasher’ trap for the sink and connect the DW directly into it. The WM can be connected to a trapped upstand pipe. As for the bolier overflow, that’s tricky. I think it is acceptable to connect one to a sink trap via a ‘dishwasher’ trap but your using this already. Discahrging it into upstand like the WM is also acceptable but both these methods are the least favourable options. Either way you’ll need a visible tundish set away from the boiler so you can see any overflow. Additionally, you’ll need to make sure all the pipework is suitable to handle the higher temperature of water that may be discharge by the boiler.

Again if gravity is on your side and you’re less than 5M from the stack connection then 50mm pipework will be fine. Also, the longer the run of pipework, the shallower it needs to be.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Cheers but as said above sink is 2m away from appliances and waste outlet is in between so I am looking at separate pipework for appliances

Sandwich

Upstand for the washing machine, instructions for how tall will be in the handbook, you can do the same for the dishwasher. Definitely use 50mm for the machine run, in case both discharge at the same time. The sink can be plumbed with 32/38mm piping if you wish.
    I suspect the waste outlet will be too high for the machine requirements.

cynic-al
    Free Member

2 upstands?

mk1fan
    Free Member

Run one run of 50mm pipe back to the stack / drain connection, assuming it’s less than 5M. If it’s long then you’ll need to ventilate the run or use 75mm pipe.

Each item – sink, DW, WM and boiler overflow – connects into this one run of pipe.

Use seperate upstands for the WM and DW – two upstands.

Make a direct connection for the boiler overflow.

Make a direct connection for the sink.

If you can’t figure it out, pay a qualified plumber.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Plumbing help’ is closed to new replies.