Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Pls recommend me some clip on full mudguards for my road rat
  • wobbliscott
    Free Member

Now I’ve got my winter tyres sorted, I’m after some decent clip on mudguards. Plenty on offer but I’m not sure what will fit well on the rat with the large frame and fork clearances. I’m running thin tyres so don’t want anything too wide – I want to maintain the aesthetics as much as I can despite fitting mudguards. Cheers.

unstableJ
    Free Member

having just ridden back from town in the rain and having a nice dry arse I’d fit proper mudguards like the SKS Chromoplastic ones on my Rat and save the aesthetics for the summer (or the proper road bike!)

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I want to maintain the aesthetics as much as I can despite fitting mudguards.

Clip ons look as good as a clip on tie.

Go for “real” mudguards. SKS.

mrmo
    Free Member

if your after aesthetics, first get real mudguards, the clip ons look far worse, then decide on what appeals, SKS are good and IMO black looks ok (for mudguards)

midlifecrashes

Best looking I’ve used are Zefal Paragon(old style, they are changing them this year), you can trim the stays right back into the clip so no sticky out spiky bits.

tang
    Free Member

Sks, bit of a faff on a road rat to fit, but worth it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Pls recommend me some clip on full mudguards for my road rat’ is closed to new replies.