Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Please recommend me some cheap, clear glasses to wear over contact lenses
  • wl
    Free Member

Just started to wear contact lenses for riding and I need to keep the crap/mud/dust out of my eyes. Can anyone recommend the best solution? Needs to be as cheap and hassle free as poss, ideally with clear lenses, not coloured. Do other contact wearers find it’s a pain (literally) getting stuff trapped under the lens? Ta.

TooTall
    Free Member

Bolle safety glasses. Cheap from the EBay and very good value.

dgb1
    Free Member

A pair of safety glasses. Relatively cheap and you don’t need to worry about them getting scratched.

HermanShake
    Free Member

Endura Spectral. £14.99 with antifog and both a hard and soft case!

Clicken sie hier!

I use yellow so it doesn’t look so dreary most of the year, my mate has the clear and really likes them. The antifog’s quite good until you get them mucky (like any other I imagine), a quick rinse with washing up liquid and they’re good as new.

Pook

Decathlon have clear lenses for £8

jam-bo

I rarely wear glasses offroad and rarely have an issue with my contacts.

wl
    Free Member

What happens when you get crap in your eye wearing contacts? Does it work its way out ok or do you need to remove the lens? I ride year round in one of the UK’s wet spots and I get muddy splashes or chunks of crap in my eyes most rides I do. Ta.

Hareydan
    Free Member

What jam bo said. I go glasses free on a fair proportion of rides and have never had a problem with my lenses. Well, not one that would have been prevented by wearing glasses anyway 🙂

unklehomered
    Free Member

the problems you risk are more [re]moving the lense in the act of removing mud, expecially in the early days when you may forget you have them/not got used to them yet. That said I once had a lense knocked clean out by a glob of mud.

I always wear glass when riding, but with contacts it makes a world of difference. I quite like the basic DHB, changeable lenses (more use than you might originally think), basic, comfier than safety glasses.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Some stuff works its way out, some dosesn’t. You will leanr which and when to ignore it. I use chainsaw glasses. Orange usually. Well made if you buy a name and they last. Try Oregon or Stihl

gwj72
    Free Member

I got decathlon cheapo’s to keep the flies out. No idea if they are any good over contacts.

tangent
    Free Member

I find the daily disposible contact lenses great for riding in, if there is ever a problem (cannot recall a real problem) you can just remove the lens–however the combo of crud catcher on bike and Oakleys clamped in place I never find it an issue…to be on the safe side I carry some spare lenses and some litte plastic ‘things’ (0.35ml) of eyewash.

jsync

I wear contacts too and have some endura stingray glasses. They’re good and I wouldn’t ride without them, but on a really shitty day recently I got mud flicked up under them so am looking at one of these too:

Bender fender

theendisnigh
    Free Member

Ive been in eye hospital after scratching my eyeballs a few times. I always try to wear clear glasses. I’ve tried safety specs, they are ok, but not as good as these

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=53300

These are light and stick to your face, you forget you are wearing them. The last thing you want is them bobbing up and down on your nose over rough stuff.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

As above cheap safety specs are fine, work OK and some even look reasonable

That said Madison d’arcs have been around forever, have nice clear lenses, fit well and don’t most up too much either. Also, they pop apart if you tread on them and seem very tough as a result Clear ones are about £15, but you can often get the triple lens set for not much more in sales or offers etc 🙂

creakyback
    Free Member

I got some of these 2 years ago and they have been great very comfy dont slip and they seem resistant to fogging.
    Kontrol Gel Shock

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Please recommend me some cheap, clear glasses to wear over contact lenses’ is closed to new replies.