Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Please recommend me some bib shorts
  • Janesy
    Free Member

I need some new bibs, I cant wear my Spesh rbx for much longer due to the weather warming up.

Im looking at around £80 tops. These will be worn for mtb and road.

mrmo
    Free Member

got a set of Castelli velocissimos and am please with them for a “cheap” short. Only used them on the road mind as they are white and probably not very sensible for mtb use.

daznal
    Free Member

check out cycle surgery,40% off on a lot of shorts

jonba
    Free Member

I like dhb from wiggle.

robbo
    Free Member

+1 for Castelli. Very light and very soft. Just what you want for comfort as long as you don’t crash.

hilldodger
    Free Member

I know Endura aren’t the forum faves, but I’ve found their FS260 bibs to be good…..

MoreCashThanDash

Endura subject to variable sizing, dhb for value

kcr
    Free Member

I’ve been using DHB shorts for a few years now, and have found them well made, hard wearing and sensibly priced.
    If you are riding regularly you need a few pairs of shorts, and £100+ for some of the big name stuff is not practical for me. I looked at some Assos shorts a few years ago and the quality and fit were poorer than DHBs at half the price. Even £80 is out of my price range.

nickswolves
    Free Member

Polaris 3quartz bib tights £40ish great value for money and save you £40 to spend on other gear

spoon
    Free Member

I hear the Assos are amazing, for an extra 20quidAssos -wiggle

Or my shutt bibs are suuuuuuuuper comfy, bit roady though

shutt pro

Neither of which fit the 80 pounds tops criteria… 🙂

tang
    Free Member

Im using zipvit branded ones. £30 something quid but comfy and a top quality pad. As good as some £80+ shorts I’ve used.

iDave
    Free Member

what tang said ^^

discounted at the minute i think and loads better than my pricey swiss ones.

http://www.zipvitsport.co.uk/products/zv-sport-clothing/zv-sport-bib-shorts.html

P20

I’ve been impressed with my protective bibs

mustard
    Free Member

Anyone tried the Morvelo bibs? Look like a similar chamois to the zipvits, which I’m finding much better than my dhbs so far, although haven’t had them long enough.

The only problem I have with the zipvit ones is I have no commercial ties with them 😀 – I’m not a fan of big logos on kit unless they are sponsoring me/my club!

I need some more shorts to keep me going until the new club kit comes in May…

captaindanger

I’m also very pleased with some Giordana ones, they were around that price

nick3216
    Free Member

I like Endura.

I also like Morvelo.

Morvelo have a more road/cx look.

Philby

I have a great pair of Gore ones – also recommend Giordana Tenax bibs.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Please recommend me some bib shorts’ is closed to new replies.