Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Please Recommend me a new 9spd chain
  • snap
    Free Member

Having had a nightmare ride today on a brand new 9spd sram chain can you recommend me a new one unbreakable preferably lol
    Are Kmc any good ?

PS front chainring was also brand new ( Hope narrow wide ) also rear cassette is as new and didn’t encounter any skipping of any sort

Thanks in advance

jkomo

HG93 shimano is the xt spec I think, £8 from CRS two weeks ago, worth a look.

crashrash

Had one KMC and it was fine. Been using SRAM 975 for my fuel ex with 9 speed XO /XT mix and they have been spot on so may just be a friday job.

Northwind

X9-93 KMC- cheap, solid. Not very rustproof, doesn’t matter if you look after it. Also, comes with a powerlink (KMC make many Shimano 9-speed chains, albeit to a lower standard. I can’t remember if it was everything lower than XTR, or XT, though.

Nowt much wrong with sram either in my experience, except they seem a wee bit expensive.

johnnystorm

All much of a muchness in my experience. I’ve had kmcs and srams last anywhere from 900 to 1800 commuting miles. On the last of my £5 selcofs which is a shame, as good as anything else and chromed. I’ll just whatever is cheapest when it needs replacing.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Please Recommend me a new 9spd chain’ is closed to new replies.