Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Please rate these three trail centres
  • yetiguy
    Free Member

In order of difficulty with a score out of 10

By difficulty i mean how technical they are (red routes only)

Whinlater -?/10
    Grizedale -?/10
    Gizburn -?/10

Trying to figure out where to invest my time

flatfish
    Free Member

whinlatter red north 5
    grizedale red 4
    gizburn red not ridden

steveh

Of those 3 whinlatter if the weathers bad/wet and gisburn if it's drier. Grizedale not at all.

The whinlatter stuff is flowier and floatier and some of the gisburn stuff could do with repairs as I reckon it's getting more use than expected.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Whinlatter more technical, needs some commitment in the wet. Plenty of steps combined with corners

Grizedale rocky but not droppy

Gisburn never been

lowey

Whinlatter 5
    Grizedale 3
    Gisburn 6 (only for the slab though)

RobbieG
    Free Member

Whinlatter … 5 on tech, worth spending time at, good fun
    Gisburn … not ridden
    Grizedale … ha ha ha ha ha ha … sorry … not worth the effort, the trail designer obviously thought the same

lowey

The problem with the North Face is its location. If was in the middle of nowhere is would be ok, but its in the heart of Girzedale, which has some of the finest natural trails in the country. No contest at all.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Whinlatter is good fun, Grizedale aint great but theres some class tracks there that are easy to link onto the main loop in a fashion.

Neither are difficult, I think the trickiest bit on either of them is one of the corners on the climb on grizedale that can often catch you out.

Therefore, Whinlatter gets a 1 and Grizedale a 2

2hottie
    Free Member

Whinlatter 6 due to elevation.

Grizdale 5 if at speed and in the wet.

Gisburn, 4-5 depending on weather. However if I get my way it be up there around 8 or 9 lol, think I'll have to pester some more at the dig days..

Mugboo

Whinlatter 7 love it.
    Grizedale 3 unless your using it as a starting point for Parkamoor, etc.
    Gisburn 5 Will be superb.

Drac

Grizedale 0/10 Don't bother complete waste of time.

IanMmmm
    Free Member

Gisburn – will be good if it doesn't get totally washed away before the spring. Pretty bad erosion and standing water on some of the contractor/machine built sections already.

rockitman

Agree with the above really.

Whinlatter 8/10 – Absolutely love it. 2 decent, mainly singletrack climbs followed by 2 fabulous descents. Only thing to be aware of is that it gets frozen. We went a few times last winter and bits were closed and on one occasion we rode when we really shouldn't have and it was treacherous. I'd ring Cyclewise to check it out.

Grizedale 4/10 – Did it once, it bored the tits off me so I drove over to Whinlatter – very possible to do them both in a day with an early start

Gisburn 7/10 – Did it a couple of weeks ago and loved it. No real climbing or descending, just 2.5 hours of cross country really.

Enjoy

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Please rate these three trail centres’ is closed to new replies.