• This topic has 11 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Amos.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Please Identitfy! (retro kids bike content)
  • Amos
    Free Member

My Mrs bought this for our nipper for me to restore thinking it was a chopper. It's not nor is it a Tomahawk or a Budgie or even made by Raleigh. SOOOO Any ideas?

Cheers Mat

meehaja
    Free Member

Its at a crazy angle thats what it is! Hurt my neck tuning upside down to work out how that was floating and which way was down.

Late 70's early 80's lots of Chopperlike bikes on the streets! Clearly needs to be painted black with flames down it, alfine hub, 8 inch rotas front and back (they take some stopping those steel bikes). maybe drill it for internal cable routing as well?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I think it could even be a Raleigh Chipper. Think smaller version of the Chopper.

Noworries
    Free Member

Ignore me, I'm having a senior moment 😉

BluePalomino
    Free Member

It's pretty close to a Chipper but i think it's a Chipper-inspired bandwagonesque bike. I had a purple Tomahawk.

whippersnapper
    Free Member

tis not a chipper according to Google images. Trying to find Chipper/Chopper copies on Google other than the Stingray is difficult though. Good luck

UncleFred
    Free Member

BluePalomino – Member

It's pretty close to a Chipper but i think it's a Chipper-inspired bandwagonesque bike. I had a purple Tomahawk

I had a Purple Tomahawk when I crashed my Chopper and landed on the shifter!! Took weeks to go back to the normal colour.

carlosg
    Free Member

thought it was a budgie , but this website said not
    http://www.rnlawrence.btinternet.co.uk/tomahawk.htm

roper
    Free Member

baby robin?

Top.Dog
    Free Member

raleigh camanche i beleive

Jay
    Free Member

That is a Super 14 if i remember correctly

Amos
    Free Member

Jay, thank f@0k that's what I thought it was needed confirmation! Now to find a chain guard!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Please Identitfy! (retro kids bike content)’ is closed to new replies.