Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Please help me value my bike….
  • renton
    Free Member

Before anyone asks this isnt a plug for my for sale thread.

I am genuinely interested to hear peoples thoughts on this.

Anyway got my bike up for sale in the classifieds for what I thought was a good price going on previous sales and ebay etc.

I have had snippets on interest but people are offering daft prices for what is essentially a near new bike.

can you take a look at my ad and give me an honest opinion on whether its valued right/over priced or what..

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/20112012-stumpjumper-fsr-for-sale-or-swaps

Thanks

Steve

renton
    Free Member

Anyone???

If there is even anything letting the bike down fir the price then let me know??

I watched a lower spec 2011 comp go on eBay for £1250 the other week?

Steve77
    Free Member

I haven’t clicked the link but half the RRP and -10% for every year it is old is a good place to start

mattjg
    Free Member

Few people want full builds second hand.

renton
    Free Member

Someone offered me £800 and told me they were doing me a favour?

mattjg
    Free Member

Until you get a better offer, that’s what it’s worth.

andyl
    Free Member

IT’s a nice spec as you’ve stuck some decent bits on it.

I’d price up what you realistically think the parts are 2nd hand and consider splitting it but you probably want to sell the frame and shock first.

nuke

Don’t take this the wrong way but…

I’m sure it’s in good condition given its age but its an older model and it’s just rather an average bike with average spec…2009/10 Fox forks (Open bath?) (albeit with new CSU), 9 speed bits, Joplin 3…good to have but unreliable from experience, nothing special wheels and other bits although new brakes, stem add a bit. You competing against bikes like the Canyon Nerve which you can get for £1539 brand new and better/up-to-date spec

Bad time of year as well isn’t going to help.

Maybe off to eBay or split. Sorry, you did ask 🙁

chrisw333
    Free Member

I don’t think people give two shits about the American import and uniqueness malarkey.

Some people are nervous about the spec on custom builds (and their ability to judge against off the peg spec) as it can get confusing. If I was you I’d go through the spec line by line comparing with the off peg model and demonstrate exactly why you think yours is better. Then the market will decide.

You’ve been trying to sell this for some time now, which suggests o me at least that your pricing is ambitious.

I_Ache
    Free Member

You would be much better off splitting it. I would consider the frame if a) I had the money and b) it had a normal shock.

Has your wife changed her mind about devoicing you if you get another bike?

renton
    Free Member

Nuke… Thanks for the opinions but can I just point out a few things,
    The frame is still a current model, the forks are 2011 and I’m not sure how you think full xt is average spec?

renton
    Free Member

I ache nope she hasnt!

Chris.. Only had it up for sale for a week?

mattjg
    Free Member

Nuke… Thanks for the opinions but can I just point out a few things,
    The frame is still a current model, the forks are 2011 and I’m not sure how you think full xt is average spec?

Thing is Renton, your opinion is irrelevant, only the buyer’s is. You (presumably) specced it yourself, felt the pain when you handed over the cash and so on. You have a notional value of what it’s worth that’s influenced by that.

Fact is people mostly don’t want a full build, they like to self spec.

Split it. Or if you think the rest of the world is undervaluing it, keep it.

(I recently failed to sell a full build too).

I_Ache
    Free Member

Oh dear. Well good luck all round then.

nuke

the forks are 2011

Decals on them suggest otherwise…same as those on my 2009 Fox forks 😕

I’m not sure how you think full xt is average spec?

I was basing my comment on your sale price and particularly with 9 speed

It’s always a bit delicate these threads as they were/are some ones ‘pride and joy’….maybe I worded it too harshly? I’m not trying to be a git but it’s not selling and you asked the question…it’s a nice bike but I just think the price is a bit ambitious for the model/spec

renton
    Free Member

Nah I appreciate the input!!

renton
    Free Member

I watched a 2011 evo go for £1650 on eBay to the other day?

chrisw333
    Free Member

A week? Oh, thought I’d seen it on BR for a while now.

renton
    Free Member

Abouts week and a half I think mate!

boltonjon

Split it mate – i think you’ll get what your after, but it’ll be a pain with multiple post office trips

Good luck

renton
    Free Member

Is the canyon nerve any good?

How would the suspension design compare to the stumpy?

nuke

It’s not just the Nerve though…sites like PaulsCycles have bikes like 2011 Giant Trances with similar spec to the Stumpy for £1599.99.

It’s crappy but we’re all in the same boat these days with our secondhand bikes thanks to heavy online discounting of new shiny bits

mattjg
    Free Member

How would the suspension design compare to the stumpy?

Dno, but it comes with a warranty.

renton
    Free Member

I know what your saying nuke but even that trance isn’t the same spec wise slx v xt standard giant finishing kit as opposed to Thomson Easton etc

Thats still a good bike for the cash though!!

crftom
    Free Member

£750

weeksy

I sold a bike in 12 hours this week,my yelli was 2 days, my xtc bits all in 2 days.

Stuff will sell quickly and easily if priced right.

Mister-P
    Free Member

If you have seen two bikes go for good money on eBay why not stick it on eBay? STW folk tend to be more clued up (or tighter) than bidders on the bay.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Please help me value my bike….’ is closed to new replies.