Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • please explain salad to me
  • qwerty
    Free Member

i don’t get it, it doesn’t taste of much else than water, it won’t get pronged by a fork and why the **** does it come with poncey fish and chips?

brakes
    Free Member

and it’s got f*** all nutritional value
    but a killer sandwich has to have salad leaves in it, gives it a textural crunch

Coyote
    Free Member

You guys are eating the wrong salads.

saladdodger
    Free Member

don’t ask me please

RealMan
    Free Member

Hohum
    Free Member

I have never had salad with fish and chips 😕

Peas or mushy peas, maybe, but not salad.

Jamie
    Free Member

OP does realise salad is not just iceberg lettuce right?

donsimon
    Free Member

All the more for me then, thanks.

qwerty
    Free Member

Jamie – yea – it had other stuff innit too, like red onions, the thinnest strips of peppers & a few slivers of grated carrot

i think beer may in fact be better for you

RealMan
    Free Member

I think the OP might be in for a right dressing down.

13thfloormonk

Love them.

Just finished a massive bowl of Romaine lettuce with cherry tomatoes, cucumber and avocado, with a garlic, pepper, tobasco, wholegrain mustard, olive oil and balsamic vinegar dressing, and two hard boiled eggs chopped through.

Would sometimes add some pasta spirals, rocket or spinach to that, maybe even some chopped up sausages or similar. Makes up for the macaroni and chips I had at the site canteen at lunchtime… 😳

What I don’t like is when restaurants that charge upwards of £7/8 quid a course give you undressed salad, thats only half a salad…

stratobiker
    Free Member

You do know that salad comes from the garden right?

….and salad from the garden tastes fabulous.

khani
    Free Member

Peas or mush peas, maybe, but not salad.

Where I grew up that is salad….

joolsburger
    Free Member

Salad is what you feed food.

Jamie
    Free Member

garlic, pepper, tobasco, wholegrain mustard, olive oil and balsamic vinegar dressing

Homemade or store bought? Usually just have balsamic vinegar, but that sounds lush.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Seems to me that he who sees salad in those terms…ahem sees a different salad to me. That degree of generalisation implies that part of their mind is walled off. Lots of people like salad, it’s not some nichewise fad.

Bunnyhop

Ah yes fresh salad picked that very day from the allotment, bears no taste resemblance whatsoever to that wilted cr*p that appears in those fast food pizza establishments.

Jamie
    Free Member

tsrmx

Word of the day!

McHamish
    Free Member

it’s like steak but leafier.

13thfloormonk

garlic, pepper, tobasco, wholegrain mustard, olive oil and balsamic vinegar dressing

Nah, home made, should really be 2 parts olive oil, 1 part balsamic, 1 part red wine vinegar, tobasco, salt & pepper, teaspoon of wholegrain dijon mustard, clove of garlic, just like mama used to make (but hers always had something extra, heroin I think considering how morish it was).

13thfloormonk

…although for the true crack-cocaine of the salad dressing world, try Henderson’s on Thistle Street in Edinburgh, they do a sundried tomato dressing which you could almost drink out of the bottle. Bastards won’t sell any though.

qwerty
    Free Member

EXACTLY – so you get these geen leaves that taste of nothing and cover them in tasty stuff and add more stuff to fill you up ❗

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

so you get these geen leaves that taste of nothing and cover them in tasty stuff and add more stuff to fill you up

and call it salad

McHamish
    Free Member

it’s like steak but leafier.

Junkyard
    Free Member

tons of different salads and ingredients. i suggest you add some things that you think taste nice to it
    Eat them daily always a couple of homemade varieties in the fridge with or without dressings.

molgrips
    Free Member

Salad dressing always ends up tasting like vinegar to me. So you end up with a load of wet sloppy crunchy things that taste of vinegar and raw things.

Nom nom nom I don’t think.

13thfloormonk

EXACTLY – so you get these geen leaves that taste of nothing and cover them in tasty stuff and add more stuff to fill you up

Um, yes, its called a ‘salad’. 8)

1freezingpenguin
    Free Member

I prefer my salad naked, no oil or dressings just lots of fresh salad and a jacket spud.

rs
    Free Member

mmmm, spinach and cheese salad

TuckerUK
    Free Member

Onions don’t taste of much?
    Spring onions don’t taste of much?
    Watercress doesn’t taste of much?
    How about ordinary cress?
    Or crunchy yet moist radishes?
    A perfectly ripe sweet tomato?
    Rocket?

Have you thought about having your taste buds checked?

Haze

Tomato, cucumber, rocket, olives, cous cous, pumpkin and sunflower seeds, jalapenos, coleslaw and a shed load of black pepper.

Add chicken and chorizo, sometimes substitute the coleslaw for oil and balsamic.

Happy days 🙂

seosamh77
    Free Member

i don’t get it, it doesn’t taste of much else than water

olive oil, balsamic vinegar and lemon zest/juice are your friends, just experiment with making dressings 🙂

mboy
    Free Member

Makes me feel all warm inside when a vegfie comes back to the dark side 😉

samuri
    Free Member

he he. I once prepared a magnificent salad for a young lady I was entertaining. How could she resist the crisp leaves, the ripe buds, the plump pods. It was beautiful. A morer mortal would have fallen tino my arms and experienced a pleasure so pure it would be a sin.

Sadly she turned out to be as uncouth and ill-paletted as you miserable shards of possible perfection and didn’t like it and as a result I did not get my end away.

I got her drunk the weekend after and ragged her silly.

That’s you that is.

rOcKeTdOg

LOL @ Samuri

Salad is what you have when you’ve eaten everything else

NZCol

Salad, quite simply, is what food eats.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Samurai you have made my morning.

Salad.

Tomato
    cucumber
    lettuce
    Cheese and plenty of it
    Cooked meats
    Pickle
    Pickles
    boiled egg
    crisps
    cold potato
    Bread.

Or

Tuna
    Sweetcorn
    lettuce
    Peppers
    Carrot
    shite loafs if Mayo.

poppa
    Free Member
    MrsToast
    Free Member

Had a genuine little gigglesnort at the tags on this thread!

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘please explain salad to me’ is closed to new replies.