• This topic has 46 replies, 28 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by mboy.
Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Please ease my suffering: recommend me a MP3 player….
  • bananaworld
    Free Member

Thanks, Ned, it's certainly being looked at. 🙂

cinnamon_girl

Stick to vinyl bananaworld, it's a whole lot easier 😉

DrJ

Stick to vinyl? Sounds like comb and paper would be more like it!

cinnamon_girl

Music needs to be appreciated, not used as some background muzak!

bananaworld
    Free Member

Just a wee smidgen to young for vinyl to have made much of an impact on me… 😉

You're half right, Ti Tart: music does indeed need to be appreciated, but sometimes you just want a background noise that is pleasant. For example, I was in the local Poundland today (yeah, yeah, yeah, doing the weekly shop) and would have fallen to the floor with my ears bleeding had I not been able to augment the volume on my walkman.

(Just worked out who you are, Ti Tart! Might take your suggestions a bit more seriously now… 😀 )

cinnamon_girl

Yeah, know what you are saying – screaming kids, chavs and chavettes, not funny.

Unfortunately my hearing is shot to pieces and even my kids used to complain about the volume when I listened to rock etc!

Can't ride with earphones, really unsettles me.

mboy
    Free Member

29er going well mate cheers, you gonna come up here for a ride soon?

I know what you're saying, you want to be able to use an MP3 player a bit more like a USB memory stick. Which my mate does for putting his demo's on his Cowon player etc… Actually, his Cowon even plays uncompressed WAV files (CD Audio basically) as well, so in this respect it's a good unit, though it does look rather clunky.

BUT

I fear that what is holding you back here is an inherent laziness at not getting round to sorting your music out. Honestly mate, set yourself a few hours, or a day aside or whatever, get all your music in iTunes, tag it properly and you will thank me for it! Because once that is said and done (and from then on you only import via iTunes which will then use the CDDB Database to name your music as you import it as long as you're connected to the internet) you will then be able to just go out and buy yourself an iPod! And you will enjoy its user friendliness like no other!

Anyway, for someone who was nitpicking about my excel spreadsheet, you need to get your music in order son! My music is probably the only thing in my life that is neatly ordered, filed and stored (even if that is only on a computer via iTunes), but without it being so, I wouldn't be a happy bunny!

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Please ease my suffering: recommend me a MP3 player….’ is closed to new replies.