Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Playstation VR – Anyone?
  • ScottChegg
    Free Member

Had a whirl with a demo Playstation VR in Game this morning.

I was quite taken with it; very effective effects and immersive game to show it off.

Is it worth splurging £350 on it, though? Will the games come through to support the tech?

Gran Tourismo would be awesome, but some people say too much motion makes them feels sick.

somouk
    Free Member

I wanted to look at this but havent had chance yet. I want to see what none VR games look like on the virtual screen as well to see if playing something like COD or BF will be better.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Black Ops 3 was pretty good. You have a field of view that moved around as you moved your head.

But better? Dunno.

Del

it’s a half-way house between an htc vive/occulus rift and a samsung VR/google cardboard, and the price of it reflects that. pretty good for the money i expect.

motion sickness likely comes from lowered frame rate during complex scenes. PS4 lacks grunt for detail at the required framerate.
    the occulus is 90fps on ( effectively ) 2 4k displays.

it’s surprising though how little detail is needed for an effective VR experience. looking over your shoulder and seeing ‘behind you’ for the first time in VR is flippin’ rad!

i have a rift, so i’m not likely to be buying the sony offering. 😛

ashweee
    Free Member

Yep got my headset yesterday, that was my first experience of using vr and wow, totally blown away. Really impressed with it so far, head tracking and move controllers have worked perfectly too. Had a little bit of motion sickness after playing for about an hour but I don’t think it helped that I was really tired.

I don’t think there’s much of a benefit to playing non vr games on it, the resolution is lower than your HD tv and with no vr effects to wow you but it is like you’re playing on a cinema screen which pretty cool.

Is it worth the money? Probably not at the moment as there’s not much to play on it but I’m still really enjoying it for what it is.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Did you buy any games? Or are you trying the PS store offerings?

Batman looks good….

Drac

I’m not convinced me enough to spend £50 on the camera and then £350 on the headset for, I’ve the motion controllers already or that would have to be counted too.

Looks good and earlier starter of true home VR.

ashweee
    Free Member

ScottChegg – Member
    Did you buy any games? Or are you trying the PS store offerings?
    Batman looks good….

I bought PS VR worlds, London heist is probably the best vr experience I’ve had so far and that’s on that disc but it is very short, the rest of the disc is just ok and I don’t think it’s worth £24 to be honest.

I also bought driveclub vr, I’m a big driveclub fan and with my season pass the game was half price, really enjoying it so far, visuals are a little bit of a let down but it is a very immersive experience.

I’m tempted by job simulator but it seems a little pricey for what it is so I’m going to wait for that to come down in price.

Batman does look good and is supposed to be quite fun.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Playstation VR – Anyone?’ is closed to new replies.