Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Playing "Waiting in for a Parcel"
  • bigblackshed

I’m playing the notoriously difficult “Waiting in for a Parcel” game.

I have employed 2 extra players to the tag team, The Wife did the school run, when She got back I jumped in the shower, now she’s about to leave for work so I’ll drag Boy1 out of bed so I can go to Boy2’s sports day until after lunch, then The Wife will take over at school, so I can let Boy1 go to phsyio.

It’s more difficult planning this than the D-Day landings.

Any words of advice? Or just general piss taking?

mrblobby
    Free Member

Collect+ 🙂

DezB
    Free Member

Bowel movements can be a problem.
    My car once broke down outside my mates house. He was out, I had a key, so I went in phoned the RAC. Waited.. needed a dump… waited… turtle’s head… waited… touching cloth… come on RAC!.. jumped in the loo… up pulls the bloody RAC van.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Waiting on 3 parcels here, missed two deliveries last week even although my mum insists she was in my house at the time of one of them.
    Got a knock at 11oclock on Sunday morning to take a parcel for my neighbour – oh how the ironing!

bigblackshed

TNT. Sometime between 0900 – 1800.

And now the washing has finished. Do I risk hanging it out?

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Hang one item then run to the front door to have a peek just in case, repeat until finished.

rocketman
    Free Member

Any words of advice?

On a day like this stick a sign on your door asking them to leave the parcel with the neighbours and go riding

momo

I’m playing the same game here, have to go out at some point to collect one from yesterday which is at the sorting office, I’m predicting that todays will turn up while I’m at the sorting office!

Annoyingly parcel force left another parcel for me with one of my neighbours yesterday, wasn’t in all evening, I went out before she came home, knocked on the door this morning, no answer half an hour later she’s gone out again, garrggghhhhhh!!

momo

Update, postie has just been, no parcel 🙁

footflaps

Get it delivered to work?

bigblackshed

I would love to go riding, but I had facet joint injections and root nerve block on L4 & L5 on Saturday. I’m off the bike for at least 2 weeks. But on a positive note the sciatic pain is getting a lot better.

Boy1 is stirring in his pit. His turn soon.

bigblackshed

Can’t deliver to work. Wouldn’t get passed security. Plus I work continental shifts, so I’m at home more than at work. 🙂 And I’m off sick ATM.

scaled
    Free Member

i’m absolutely starving and there’s no food in the house.

There’s no bloody way i’m going to the shop though, no sirrie not when parcel force are going to try to deliver my bike AGAIN today

rocketman
    Free Member

I had facet joint injections and root nerve block on L4 & L5 on Saturday

Oh OK

GWS 🙂

honeybadgerx

If it makes you feel better I had a delivery note from an unidentified parcel last week, which I assumed was a drive-away awning I’d order a week before from Towsure. Re-arranged delivery for the Saturday, stayed in all day and also put a note to leave in the woodstore if I wasn’t in (i.e. didn’t answer the door within 5 seconds of the driver knocking), to cover myself. No delivery.

Monday morning, got to work then got a call from delivery company ‘oh hi, we’re trying to deliver your passport, I re-arranged it to today as I didn’t think anyone would be in on Saturday as there was a note about the woodstore, we’ll need you to be in with a form of ID today to sign for security purposes.’ Grr. Zoomed home, waited all day, nothing. Checked letterbox ~3pm and passport had arrived and delivery chap had just posted it through the letterbox. Why couldn’t they have done this the first time round?!

martymac

best hope its not uk mail then, when they ‘delivered’ my phone last year they didnt even drive up my street.
    (its a cul de sac)
    in fact, nothing drove up my street all day.
    however, at around 1320 my delivery status on the website changed from ‘pending’ to ‘delivery attempted, card left’
    when i phoned o2 they were adamant that delivery had been attempted and the card had been left, would not accept a real human telling them that the website was wrong.
    the exact scenario happened both times uk mail have been involved in a ‘delivery’* to my address, i ended up going to the nearest depot 20 miles away and collecting item.

*term used loosely.

onehundredthidiot

Waiting for a big box with New bike to arrive. Company based near Edinburgh, only 50 miles away, box has been sitting in Belfast since last night. Has to be delivered to work. Hitting parcelforce refresh every 5 minutes.

gwaelod
    Free Member

My Amazon parcel has just been delivered a whole 24hrs earlier than Amazon estimated it would be.

Free delivery too, although via Royal Mail rather than owl or quadricopter…which took the gloss of things.

andermt
    Free Member

Got a text at 8:00 this morning to say parcel will be delivered between 7:00 & 13:00.

Text from the missus at 8:19 saying it had been delivered!

Must be a 1st for Yodel to deliver at a sensible time, usually deliver when she is on the school run!

bob_summers

Waiting for someone else’s parcel. Jehovah’s witnesses must have known this as I just buzzed them into the lobby thinking it was the postie 🙄

john_drummer
    Free Member

waiting for a foam roller to be delivered from Amazon. luckily I’m WFH today, the fridge is full & Mrs_D doesn’t need a lift home until 7pm.

what’s the betting they arrive while I’m either eating or on the can?

bigblackshed

I’m at Boy2’s sports day so have left Boy1 playing the game. I’ve instilled in him the importance of not being more than 5 steps from the front door. He did nod in the right places whilst I explained, but he has a vested interest. It’s his new bike.

No further update from TNT.

john_drummer
    Free Member

my parcel has arrived

scaled
    Free Member

I’m running in to the front room to look out the window every time i hear a diesel engine.

They’re building the new metrolink extension about 200m from my house so there’s a lot of diesel about :/

philtricklebank

There is some advice in the Viz Profanisaurus under the definition “Summoning Parcelforce”. Try that.

jambourgie
    Free Member

Yeah, Collect+ has been a revelation for me. The ‘waiting in game’ sucks.

The breaking point came when I was given a window of collection between 7am – 5:30pm. At 7pm I gave up and went to the post box round the corner to post a letter. Back five minutes later to find the dreaded ‘sorry we missed you card’ hanging out the letter box. One angry phone call to Interparcel revealed that the window is just a ‘target’ and also they take a contact number for their records only as the drivers aren’t allowed to call customers…

Aaaaargh!

JoB
    Free Member

parcel pick-up booked for last tuesday that never happened and then re-booked for tomorrow has just arrived

aye-aye
    Free Member

Look for the Viz boardgame “Waiting in for a ####### parcel” for help with your situation.

D0NK

been waiting 13days now pretty damn sure RM have lost it but we’ve got to wait for 15days before it’s officially missing
    tick
    follows
    tock
    follows
    tick

squirrelking
    Free Member

DPD FTW.

They give you a constantly updated route map so you know where the driver is, what delivery number he’s on and where you are in the queue. My missus got rather excited by all that, bless…

unovolo
    Free Member

+1 for DPD
    Have had a couple of new phone delivered today via them, Got my text with 1hr window and was tracking ‘Bruce’ as he was on his round , he arrived slap band in the middle of the 1 hr window ,Legend!

Only downside was I had requested that the phones were delivered to my parents house,instead 3 took it upon themselves to send them to my home address so had to juggle work to be in.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Even though we end up sometimes paying extra for ‘remote location’ delivery, at least the postie or courier without fail leaves stuff with a neighbour or in the shed.

Sandwich

root nerve block on L4 & L5 on Saturday

The old these legs though attached do not belong to/operate for me experience.

You’ll be leaping around like a man possessed in a few days time.

bigblackshed

The parcel arrived about 2:30 ish. Not until after the TNT driver went round the block three times, then went to one of the business unit down the road, then was about to drive off. I flagged him down, he was about to try to deliver it to another house.

The one problem is that we have 3 number 9s in the street. All with slightly different addresses and postcodes. There’s one directly opposite and another down the road. Confusing for everyone.

Built the bike up this afternoon, quite a few little problems so waiting to see what the seller has to say.

Sandwich.

Had the injections on Saturday morning. Never felt pain like it when the Doc was trying to find the right point on the nerve. It’s starting to have an effect, but I’m still a bit tender around the injection points. I’ve had sciatica for nearly 8 years, so it’s quite an odd feeling not being in pain. 🙂

simmy
    Free Member

DPD + 2

But I ordered a Ramp for the Dog to get into the Car easier as he has arthuritus and there was just one hour of the Day when no one would be home and, inevitably, that’s when they said they were coming on their text.

I decided it would be easier to collect from the depot but that turned into a right pantomime. They couldn’t find the Ramp and, when they did realise it was in the Depot, said it wasn’t in the cage.

They eventually found it on the other side of the office door where they had been walking past it all Day and it was in a box with ” Dog Ramp ” in massive letters and a picture of a Dog on it 🙄

Sandwich

Should have gone private they use a nice sedative before the pin the injection on the donkey game!

hopefiendboy

this thread had me on tenderhooks for a while…:-P

bigblackshed

Sandwich.

It was private. Health insurance through work. If it was NHS the same Doctor in the same hospital would have done it next February.

You can’t have a sedative because you need to tell the Doctor when he’s got the needle in the correct place. It’s laser guided cruise missiles versus B52 carpet bombing.

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘Playing "Waiting in for a Parcel"’ is closed to new replies.