Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Play in my back wheel (oo-er missus)
  • andywarner
    Free Member

About 3 months ago my back wheel seized. Took it to LBS. They replaced the bearings in the Hope Pro II hubs. When I got it back there was play in the wheel. Took it back. They claimed it was fixed. Got it back. Play in the wheel. Took it back. They claimed it was fixed. Got it back. Play in the wheel. This happened FIVE times. There's still some sideways play in the wheel. Any suggestions as to what could be causing this as I have the bike shop's assurance that the hub is fine and to be fair they do seem a conscientious bunch.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Poor quality bearings? Undersize / worn / broken spindle?

luked2
    Free Member

Did they misread Hope's instructions and put the wrong-size bearings in?

Take it to pieces yourself and have a look. It can't be that hard I'd have thought (might need to bodge together a bearing press perhaps?)

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    LoCo
    Free Member

Have they checked the wheel in the bike? There maybe other issues causing the movement if they have just had the wheel to fix in isolation.

andywarner
    Free Member

Took it apart yesterday afternoon and on getting the cassette off found there is horizontal play in the freehub. Haven't got a clue what's caused it but might be able to bodge it with a makeshift shim. I'm actually amazed that the bikeshop didn't pick up on it and do something about it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Play in my back wheel (oo-er missus)’ is closed to new replies.