• This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by mos.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Planet-X/On-One mtb frame geometry
  • mos

I’ve got a Scandal 29er, which i love but i’m after something new for the summer & the new Lurcher looks the biz, but i’m a bit confused by what its for.
    As i understand it the Scandal is a ‘general cross country & race bike’, the new Lurcher is an ‘all-round trail-tough, yet carbon-lightweight 29er’ but has exactly the same geometry as the scandal?
    Then there’s the new PX Dirty Harry which is a ‘scorching fast
    high-performance 29er’ but the head angle on that is a dgree slacker than the On-Ones?

I’ve been lead to believe that slacker head angles were for more trail orientated bikes, but it seems to be the other way round from what P-X/O-O are saying?

brant
    Free Member

Dirty Harry is listed “static”
    Inbred’s, Scandals and Lurchers are listed as “sagged”.

I will redo all the geometry at some point, hopefully this week, to give consistent figures.

I have done it for the new 456Evo and nearly went blind/crazy in the process so fancy a rest.

http://www.shedfire.com/tag/456evo/

brant
    Free Member

Oh – as to our “trail” bike having the same “geometry” as our “race” bike – yeah – I can see what you mean there, but it’s more about material than just geometry. And the slackset lets you kick things about a bit.

mos

Ta dude, lurcher it is then. Plus i like the Lurcher colour schemes better anyway, which is the most imoprtant bit 😉

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Planet-X/On-One mtb frame geometry’ is closed to new replies.