Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Planet X XLS shimano 105 Cyclocross bike- any advice
  • JNAnthem
    Free Member

Hi considering getting one of these bikes – Planet X XLS shimano 105 Cyclocross bike- but not able to see any reviews.

Has anyone got one & can give advice on quality/ ride etc or point me in the direction of any reviews?

Thanks

Straightliner

I have one with the SRAM gearing, not the Shimano equipment as I bought it a while ago.

I am biased, but I love it – it’s super comfortable and pretty light,and for the money there is very little else to touch it. I previously had a Pinnacle Arkose which is a lot more harsh and considerably heavier, although this may not be the best comparator as there are better CX bikes on the market.

Being disc equipped, it makes it a lot more future proof and actually means you stop rather than merely slowing if the moons are in alignment. (I’m sure I’ll upset the traditionalists with that view.)

Crossjunkie did a report which compared the XLS to the Dirty Disco and the XLS is marginally more racey. If it’s intended to be a do it all bike, it won’t take mudguards or racks so keep that in mind.

JNAnthem
    Free Member

Straightliner

Thanks for the info. Just one query & showing my ignorance as a CX beginner but on my road bike, due to geometry can catch front wheel with my feet in certain pedal positions if oversteer. Is this true also for CX bikes?

Thanks

Straightliner

Unfortunately it may still be an issue, although I’ve never noticed it on the XLS in normal riding. It is partly dependent on frame size, foot size and where the cleat is mounted on the shoe.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I bought an XLS too, got some spanky wheels for it as well and I’ve hacked it to death over the last 5 weeks. I like it, it’s reasonably light and racey enough for me. I’ve no intention of cruising around on it, I’m racing it and riding it hard.
    Only issue I’ve had so far is the normal settling in of the brakes and gears, nothing more than that.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Planet X XLS shimano 105 Cyclocross bike- any advice’ is closed to new replies.