Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Planet X XLS cross bike sizing
  • gearsrgood

Still on the hunt for a CX bike – looking at XLS. Will be used for both cross racing & longer ‘CX sportive’ events. 5ft 11 , 32 leg. Any thoughts on sizing ? 54 or 57?

jamiep
    Free Member

Not huge help but could help you whittle it down. 5’8, 31in leg = 51in for me

jonk

I’m the same height as you; I found the 54 too short in the top tube and the 57 too big off road so went for the 56 Dirty Disco which is perfect.

duckman

I have ridden both and the DD is longer. I am on a 59 so that’s where my advice ends!

Bolt

I’m 5’9 with 32″ inside and ride a 54 xls.
    Wouldn’t like anything longer off road.

Bolt

gearsrgood

Thanks all , the DD does look longer from the geometry tables . Pickenflick looks good too – large looks long though , just over recommended height for medium but looks a better fit

MrSynthpop
    Free Member

Missed this – I’m 5’11 and with 32 inseam, I went with the 57 XLS and its definitely the right size for road riding/winter training but is a little big for chucking about offroad, Its happy offroad but I’d not want to race it at the pointier end of a CX event.

FYI the wheelbuild was utterly shocking, the back has needed constant faffing and i’m spending today stripping it down as there’s loads of play, I may have been unlucky with a ‘friday build’ but PX are cheap for a reason

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Planet X XLS cross bike sizing’ is closed to new replies.