Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 177 total)
  • Planet X – Top Class Customer Service Again – Not!
  • jasonm945
    Free Member

To keep a long story as short as possible.
    My wife orders a frame (the last one) from Planet X on Monday at 13:50– receives no confirmation email!
    I Ring up Tuesday to be told “frame in another warehouse will get to you in a few days!” Seriously?
    Website states orders before 3pm aimed to get out same day, but fair enough. Thanks for not apologising!
    Thursdayshe does CEO email thing, only to have a Customer Experience rep email her to apologise but frame is due out today(Thursday) to be with us by weekend!
    She emails again Thursday night 7pm to ask why no despatch email!
    My wife then receives an email at 3pm Friday afternoon to be told that planet x cannot find the frame. Apologies but refund or another frame.
    As there is no other frame I can fit my parts on (BB30 BB). She asks for refund and now the money is stuck in paypal….
    Now my wife isn’t well off(she is disabled) and nor am I as I have to work close to home so every penny is important (extremely). To fund this I sold my old frame to give her some money towards and the rest she put forward as a present, so now I have no bike and no way to get one till paypal releases.
    I know that the majority on here have goodwill for PX and I have had loads of frames and parts off them in the past, but I feel the CEO email is a cop out (as the CEO doesn’t bother to reply himself) and there has been no sense of urgency in finding this frame at all.
    Currently they are moving warehouse and this was the reason they gave us, but as a customer it is not our issue where the stock is, once you have taken our money we expect my order to be expedited asap.

If this sounds whiny my apologies I am just extremely angry and wanted to vent my frustration with others as I sit at home this weekend unable to enjoy any two wheeled freedom!
    I doubt I will ever use them again if this is the level of customer care the exhibit when something goes wrong!

brant
    Free Member

Please forward me the mail you sent to the CEO. To my account. In my profile.
    Is this an RT57 frame? What size and colour do you need?

I’m sorry you have had this service level from us, and you are quite right – warehouse move etc is not your concern. Let me see if I can find a way through this mess.

jasonm945
    Free Member

No it was the last Large Firenze!
    I have forwarded the emails.
    Thanks for the reply!

fr0sty125
    Free Member

brant – Member
    Please forward me the mail you sent to the CEO. To my account. In my profile.
    Is this an RT57 frame? What size and colour do you need?

I’m sorry you have had this service level from us, and you are quite right – warehouse move etc is not your concern. Let me see if I can find a way through this mess.

While you are at it can you design and order some 42t and 40t cassette rings….

brant
    Free Member

While you are at it can you design and order some 42t and 40t cassette rings….

they are in progress, but I want to see what I can do for a current customer first…

jasonm945
    Free Member

A huge thank you to Brant from myself and my wife, he has gone well over and above to sort this out!

doubledunter
    Free Member

Im still waiting on a reply to my email about sending me the wrong part twice now, no point in sending it back until I know they are going to send out the correct part…I wasnt too bothered about the first time but pretty peeved they sent the same wrong part back to me :/

Jamie
    Free Member

Time to start cloning Brant.

sq225917
    Free Member

Nice job Brant, every little helps.

earlanderson
    Free Member

I have had the ceo email also.As I was off work this week I ordered some wheels on monday and expected them by end of the week so I could ride them thurs\ fri. But no dispatch email. I emailed Wednesday only to be told by the CEO that they will be sent by friday as they were busy. So my riding was not going to happen. I recived an email today (Saturday) saying it will be collected by courier monday for delivery Tuesday. But I’m back to work next week so there will be no one in to sign for the wheels. I cannot get them sent to work as I commute in on bike. So a wasted week and unsatisfactory service and now even longer to wait as courier will have to be rearranged.

brant
    Free Member

I have had the ceo email also.As I was off work this week I ordered some wheels on monday and expected them by end of the week so I could ride them thurs\ fri. But no dispatch email. I emailed Wednesday only to be told by the CEO that they will be sent by friday as they were busy. So my riding was not going to happen. I recived an email today (Saturday) saying it will be collected by courier monday for delivery Tuesday. But I’m back to work next week so there will be no one in to sign for the wheels. I cannot get them sent to work as I commute in on bike. So a wasted week and unsatisfactory service and now even longer to wait as courier will have to be rearranged.

Where do you live?

I’ll see what we can do.

iamsporticus
    Free Member

Planet X foul up, sort it out and come up smelling of roses

Again

paul78
    Free Member

I ordered some parts inc. some XT pedals .. waited patiently as had received a few update emails regarding volume of orders due to the sale pricing .. mailed customer services Friday to be told they couldn’t find my pedals .. the website states there are 4 pairs in stock though they are now more expensive 🙁

Is it a common occurrence at Planet X that things ‘Can’t be found’ ? ..maybe some staff training is needed in checking down the backs of sofas and remembering the last place you had them.

scotroutes

New to this place then?

jamiep
    Free Member

My last 3 orders have included 1 or more things that turned out not to be in stock

mashiehood
    Free Member

Good work brant, great service

scandal42
    Free Member

I have just ordered a load of stuff from superstar that I could have ordered from on one simply because I don’t trust them to send it in decent time.

It’s sad and totally unacceptable that people have to rely on a bloke on a forum to put right the ongoing wrongs of an online retail business.

No way to carry on I’m afraid

earlanderson
    Free Member

Hi Brant
    Just outside cambridge
    Will pm you

bigdean

Must be a run of these, bought a load of stuff in the sale, xt shifter ended up being i spec dispite image showing bar mount, little boys fashing skull light only has one flashing eye.

I’ve managed to make a mount for the shifter and i’hunt the soldering iron out to fix the light. A lot of hassel for “bargings”.

Have email/ contacted via the site and no rssponse so there must be a back log of order enquiries.

Northwind

A save after the fact isn’t great service. Getting it right in the first place is great service, but that doesn’t lead to threads about service.

Potdog
    Free Member

I emailed them on the 11th Feb to ask about a bulk buy of El Guapo frames. Got an automated reply but nothing else. Still, can’t say that YT Industries did any better when I contacted them either.
    Pleased to say others did reply and one now has my business.

doubledunter
    Free Member

Ive just this minute wrapped the wrong part they sent me for a second time to send back in the morning, including a photo and part code of the part I should be getting, still not received a reply from my email even though I have a “ticket ID” and someone will contact you shortly….5 days ago 😕

tpbiker
    Free Member

ive bought stuff from planet x about 20 times. Never had an issue

just for balance like….

doubledunter
    Free Member

ive bought stuff from planet x about 20 times. Never had an issue

just for balance like….

Ive bought stuff for years, not really the point 😉

unovolo
    Free Member

Must be a run of these, bought a load of stuff in the sale, xt shifter ended up being i spec despite image showing bar mount

I had the same and was told that they had been booked in incorrectly and they had no more stock of the regular bar mount version.

Fair enough got a refund and ordered one from Tweeks instead, but On-ones website is still showing the wrong pic and description if they only have I spec versions available.

radoggair
    Free Member

re – balance, had some great service from them on everything i have ordered.

hora
    Free Member

If I order a cassette I expect it to be despatches quickly however a frame? Take a chill pill OP. It shouldnt make you ‘angry’.

robfury
    Free Member

I ve placed three orders in the last 3 weeks including a frame which was in there other warehouse. I was told. Everything came super quickly and correct. Unlike when I ordered from jejames and it took a week!

Everyone can have a bad day

earlanderson
    Free Member

I have had good service before don’t get me wrong but its the communication that’s the worst. I understand dispatch times can be slow sometimes but when emails aren’t replied to and I’ve taken time off work to allow for delivery (as I can’t take delivery at work) I understandably am a bit cheesed off. I will now miss the courier delivery as no one is available to sign and will have to reschedule wasting even more time …. not happy !!!

plus-one

I’ve ordered loads of stuff from them over the last few years and honestly never had an issue .. They must be sending out vast amounts of stuff daily so chance of few things going amiss must happen …

Did phone them before looking for a price on groupset and answered promptly..

Humans make mistakes sometimes ❗

hora
    Free Member

Brant- is the RT57 out of stock till June???

I had my first road ride yesterday (33miles) and had popped into one of your stores to try one out – before I made the plunge and bought the complete RT57 but its out of stock now until June? 🙁

MikeG

I’m still waiting for an order I placed last Monday, several emails apologising for the delay at the beginning of the week and then nothing.
    I emailed the CEO to request the order was either dispatched or cancelled but the address is returning an undeliverable message which says the address isn’t being monitored.
    Why give a direct email address then cancel it a week later.

brant
    Free Member

Brant- is the RT57 out of stock till June???
    I had my first road ride yesterday (33miles) and had popped into one of your stores to try one out – before I made the plunge and bought the complete RT57 but its out of stock now until June?

It is. Sorry.

brant
    Free Member

I’m still waiting for an order I placed last Monday, several emails apologising for the delay at the beginning of the week and then nothing.
    I emailed the CEO to request the order was either dispatched or cancelled but the address is returning an undeliverable message which says the address isn’t being monitored.
    Why give a direct email address then cancel it a week later.

Which address is bouncing ? Please forward bounces to me. Email in profile.

brant
    Free Member

earlanderson – Member
    Hi Brant
    Just outside cambridge
    Will pm you
    POSTED 2 DAYS AGO # REPORT-POST

I have badly dropped this ball. Hoped it might be local to someone we know. But Cambridge isn’t.
    I shall continue by email.

mattrgee
    Free Member

Has Planet X just grown too quick and not changed internally to keep up with it’s own success? Seems like anything beyond the absolute basics turns into a world of pain.

rhbrhb
    Free Member

^ this.

Ordered 2 rims for a wheelbuild, pic shows latest model. Took delivery of two NOS rims by that manufacturer. One with brake wear line, one without. Different decals. One is 622-13 one 622-14 (very slight difference).

Not quite the aesthetic vision I had in mind when planning this build.

Result, faff to sort different rims, grumbles on web forums and a decision not to use px again until memory fades.

Jamie
    Free Member

The problem I have found, is if you assume the web descriptions may be wrong/incomplete, so contact them to double check before ordering. You are then usually stuck waiting 5+ days to get a reply.

So you either a) order and hope everything is correct, or b) try to verify and wait an unknown time to find out if everything is as it should be.

I usually c) and order elsewhere.

For the record, I was after a BB, which usually ships with a an adapter tool needed to fit, so wanted to double check it came with it. A week later I was told it didn’t, which would have been a pain if I had gone ahead and ordered.

100mphplus
    Free Member

Just received the replacement package following the first delivery being wrong with parts and items missing …. and this has parts missing too – FFS!

Getting better though, as 7 items missing last time and only 2 this time 😆

Gary_M
    Free Member

Well done Brant.

I see no sarcasm or spitting of dummies, you must have gone on that customer service course then 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 177 total)

The topic ‘Planet X – Top Class Customer Service Again – Not!’ is closed to new replies.