Viewing 17 posts - 161 through 177 (of 177 total)
  • Planet X – Top Class Customer Service Again – Not!
  • brant
    Free Member

Its the not replying to emails thats most worrying. Stock does get lost but a few keystrokes to reply. If someones avoiding reply- why? Nothing to report? If so reply back ‘apologies refund’.

Dont make it drawn out and painful. Act- move on.

Stock accuracy needs to be better. Feedback to customers needs to be better. Offering options for alternatives in event of inaccuracy needs to be better.

unovolo
    Free Member

To be fair the issue I had recently with the incorrect XT shifter being sent was remedied (via refund) very quickly and all dealt with via email.

Even the big boys dont get it right all the time, my daughters Hudl tablet developed a fault and as its still under warranty I decided to take it to a store to sort out a replacement.

Passed round several service desks, had to speak with 3 different depts over the phone to be then told they would arrange a courier to collect and exchange it, I had to challenge this seeing as I was already instore and they had over a dozen sat on the shelf why could I not exchange it for one now , rather than having to wait a week and take time off work to wait for a courier plus the extra inconvenience to me and the expense to them for sending said courier.

They begrudgingly let me exchange there and then, the instore staff were great but the warranty/call centre staff were a shower of sh!t.

hora
    Free Member

Feedback to customers needs to be better. Offering options for alternatives in event of inaccuracy needs to be better.

Its this bit that creates discord in a customer IMO. Once I’ve decided to buy a bike product and enter my card details there is anticipating, waiting for the postie. If its been a few days I start to get disappointed. You shouldn’t order and expect products so quick planning to ride asap but thats the market I guess.

If theres a stock isssue rather than ‘its being bounced round’, resolution should move on ASAP. If I order then receive a sorry its out of stock, I’m miffed briefly, if its allowed to build over days I start to get annoyed ‘at life/the brand/kick the cat’ :mrgreen:

stealthcat

I’d agree on the communications issues – I shouldn’t need to sit on hold 4 times to find out what’s happening with a warranty item which I’d hand-delivered back to the store. On the fourth call, I was told “we should have a replacement in stock; I’ll double-check and it will go out to you tomorrow.”
    Despite using Yodel (known as no-del in our house, given their tendency on other occasions to throw items over the back gate without leaving a card) the replacement arrived at 10 am the next day.

Brant – are your records good enough that you could have a couple of people who don’t usually take incoming calls, but spend the time updating customers who’ve had the wrong items/have warranty returns? Or just focus on replying to emails, rather than you having to respond to Singletrack queries all the time?

ojom
    Free Member

What you need is a top customer service manager. Hire one. I would offer but I’m kinda busy 🙂

brant
    Free Member

Brant – are your records good enough that you could have a couple of people who don’t usually take incoming calls, but spend the time updating customers who’ve had the wrong items/have warranty returns? Or just focus on replying to emails, rather than you having to respond to Singletrack queries all the time?

Our CS team is split across phones and emails. And of course across departments and specialities too.

And I’m trying to wander through every hour or so to make sure everyone is ok.

johnchristopher
    Free Member

The new frameset arrived this morning! Hoping to get it built up for her before the end of the week.
    I really hope all the issues with stock & customer care get resolved soon, as it seems that the senior management themselves are good people.
    Thanks again Brant.

mrduck1980
    Free Member

Around two weeks ago Brant picked up a complaint from me re the customer service levels and whilst I think there is still a long way for Planetx to go they (he) certainly went the distance to resolve my issues, my faith in Planetx has been restored and I’d like to personally thank Brant for his assistance, things went very smoothly following his involvement. Brant you are a credit to the team.

Thank you

Matt

wysiwyg
    Free Member

In other news I went into the Rotherham shop, placed and order at the counter, walked over to the warehouse and collected it. Shazam.

Heres a thought for a small fee I could go collect and dispatch peoples orders personally thus checking it to be correct.

daveh
    Free Member

I bought 2 tubes in store today that were out of stock 😀 . Great for me as I was 12 miles from home and otherwise out of options!

firestarter
    Free Member

I just ordered 5 things on monday and they arrived today all present and correct. Many thanks.

I did tho notice a bike in bubble wrap thrown in the back of the delivery van so I’m not convinced with yodel just yet but couldn’t see the bike make and the sender obviously wrapped it

firestarter
    Free Member

Oh and phil changed my stem length after order due to my error on a bank holiday 😉

Leachy
    Free Member

Had previously had good experiences but recently bought some XT Pedals showing 21 in stock. Money taken then a couple of e-mails saying how busy they were and thanks for your patience. A week later and with no updates I enquire to be told they didn’t have any, bit disappointed that 21 sets had gone missing. Got the impression they had just forgotten about my order, refund then given.

brant
    Free Member

Sorry that dragged so long Leachy.
    From what I can see, customer services are an awful lot more on top of things now than a few weeks ago. Hope it can stay that way. Still things to improve on of course, but if anyone needs a hand I hope I’ll be available to do that.

sq225917
    Free Member

“I did tho notice a bike in bubble wrap thrown in the back of the delivery van so I’m not convinced with yodel just yet but couldn’t see the bike make and the sender obviously wrapped it”

They can only deliver what they are given, it’s not Yodel’s fault if some joe public is too tight to use the correct packaging. Fortunately Planet-x box all their bikes and frames for delivery so no worries.

Leachy
    Free Member

Cheers Brant, was more upset as they were so well priced!

jordie
    Free Member

With all these things going missing and turning up I dont suppose you found any 29er Scandals 19.5 lying around. Is there going to be a replacement for the Scandsl

Viewing 17 posts - 161 through 177 (of 177 total)

The topic ‘Planet X – Top Class Customer Service Again – Not!’ is closed to new replies.