Planet X – Top Class Customer Service Again – Not!

Home Forum Bike Forum Planet X – Top Class Customer Service Again – Not!

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 177 total)
  • Planet X – Top Class Customer Service Again – Not!
  • dragon

No other company gets some many bad threads on here, and yet people still continue to buy from them, crazy. If it was any other company the pitch forks would have been out years ago.

dabble

On the flipside, my hoody and grips came promptly, cheers On-One 😀

fr0sty125

I find their stock system is pretty much a guesstimate…

However I still use them, I placed an order yesterday at the time of placing it I thought to myself well hopefully they actually have the stuff in stock, hopefully they will send the right things and hopefully they will dispatch in reasonable amount of time but I wont know until it arrives.

I’m on a tight budget and I like their products so I guess I just put up with sub par service.

hora

I still think the OP was out to cause maximum shit on PlanetX with his OP. Why is it important how much money you have to spend, your personal circumstances? You order a small part- it tends to come very quick. You cant expect a frame to arrive next day or the day after can you? I don’t earn a bad wage but I’m hesitating over buying a carbon road bike or frame. Its alot of money in anyones books. Plus to order a frame- you KNOW its not going to be plain sailing/set up ready to go without glitches if you are on tight timescales…reminds me of the bloke who slagged off Fruit ordering an item within tight timescales then kicking off when the wrong item turned up.

Jamie

You cant expect a frame to arrive next day or the day after can you?

Why not? Big part/frame usually means courier. Courier usually means 24/48hr.

lemonysam

You cant expect a frame to arrive next day or the day after can you?

We manage to ship musical instruments, amplifiers and other things much more awkward than bike frames half way around the world Next Day.

hora

If you are doing something major like a frame swap you tend to allow yourself more time. Many a time I’ve missed a Sat ride (or feverishly built away till late on a Fri evening) but thats my fault for being a serial frame-swapper, not the seller. If its delayed its delayed.

We manage to ship guitars, amplifiers and other things much more awkward than bike frames half way around the world Next Day.

Bet you dont use Yodel for that and I wonder how much it costs, Looks like Planet x use Yodel whereas you’d use someone decent like UPS?

Anyway, I was just saying, for something like a frame I’d expect it to take upto a week. I’d live with it. I think my forks took 3days from Wigan to Manchester recently.

Gary_M

Why is it important how much money you have to spend, your personal circumstances?

Its called background, that’s what makes ‘stories’ interesting. It’s like people saying ‘someone in a mondeo pulled out in front of me’ – the type of car makes no difference but ads detail.

You order a small part- it tends to come very quick. You cant expect a frame to arrive next day or the day after can you?

Why not? I ordered a frame from Dolan last week and it arrived next day. Probably because they sent it ‘next day delivery’.

dragon

Or be honest about how long it will take, like others do. If you promise the world and can’t deliver then all you’ll do is p*ss off customers. And frankly who cares if they swap warehouse, backend IT or any of the other shoddy excuses, as a customer that’s not your problem.

lemonysam

Bet you dont use Yodel for that and I wonder how much it costs, Looks like Planet x use Yodel whereas you’d use someone decent like UPS?

We don’t use Yodel but that’s largely because we reckon that would be commercial suicide. Choosing to use a shitty courier doesn’t mean that you’re not to blame if things are delayed.

Our shipping is free for the overwhelming majority of orders.

Premier Icon nedrapier
    Subscriber

Well I’ve put 10 or so orders their way in the past and not had a problem until now.

Needed cassettes, ordered 5 (9 speed, they go on 3 bikes, so worth stocking up) and a bunch of bits and pieces in the sale – couple of chains, tubes, drybags, BBs, SS sprockets etc.

Order went in on 21st, on “Yodel 24” delivery. Checked on Monday 24th – “Ready to be shipped” Good oh.

Checked again on Thursday – still “ready to be shipped”. Called, waited*, wanted to know if it was held up because of a particular item, quite happy to change some of the bits and pieces. He got my order up, I was told no problem at all, they’re just busy with the sale orders, please could I be patient, they’ve been preparing more parcels than yodel can pick up. Fine. ish.

Just checked today, “Ready to be shipped” Hmmm. The cassettes are now out of stock. Hmmm.

Not desperately happy. I ordered a workstand from somewhere else yesterday. It was delivered this morning, waiting for me at home.

*I read something from ?Dave? on here saying they’ve got 25?30 call centre staff now? That’s a lot of people. Presumably when the message says you’re 4th in the queue, that’s the queue for the one person you’ve been assigned to? No way it can be total people waiting for 25 staff, it just takes too long. Pretty long even for one person, to be honest. Didn’t take the chap too long to tell me that there was no problem with my order.

25-30 CALL CENTRE STAFF?? sounds like they need more bodies actually doing the work then may need less call centre staff taking phone calls asking where there orders are

Premier Icon nedrapier
    Subscriber

v-c – Hold on, Imight have got that wrong, I couldn’t find the thread. The call centre guys might be offsite, home workers with web access to order system ???

And yes, I have followed up, got bored after 10 mins of guitar music, sent them an email.

hora

Maybe lemonysam’s customers play this guitar music?

I’m out- all I was doing was saying…. (call it a flounce-lite) 🙂

atlaz

We have a winner!

Premier Icon nedrapier
    Subscriber

Please ignore my comments about the staff. Can’t find the thread and I may have been completely wrong. Sorry.

paul78

I have to say I started to feel a little bad about posting up about issues with my order as I have never posted about good service .. but then I thought what is good service ? To date I have always had the parts I paid for sent within the time they quoted so they have just provided a service and have been paid for it.

Now I am left with having to order my pedals from somewhere else ( decided to buy from a wizard yesterday and pedals were delivered today) and am still awaiting the parts from my original order.

I am beginning to think Sue at Planet X just doesn’t care as much as her emails suggest 🙁

doubledunter

I eventually got an email reply today, 5 days later :/ apoligising for the wrong part been sent for a 2nd time and they have sent out correct part this morning, I’ll not hold my breath, if it wrong again Im just gonna order elsewhere, its only a mech hanger but not the point :/ …to be fair its the first time Ive ever had a problem but if it turns out 3times wrong I may resort to writing a strongly worded letter :);)

Premier Icon brant
    Subscriber

Which mech hanger is it sir?

doubledunter

Which mech hanger is it sir?

El Gaupo Brant, hopefully sorted this time ..

Premier Icon rickmeister
    Subscriber

For balance , pair of floaters ordered late last week, arrived post free to Germany today… Happy bunny..

shackle

Its taken a week and a half but my order has finally arrived! Unfortunately they have managed to send me the wrong sized frame and the wrong grips…
    This is getting more than a little frustrating as I’m going on holiday this weekend and was hoping to have it built up by then.
    with this on top of the contradictory information i have been given when I have phoned about something is really putting me off buying from On-One again.

doubledunter

Ive just recieved the wrong part for a 3rd time, I even printed out a picture the part I wanted and there own part code (FSTIT)…seriously dont know whether to laugh or cry..I’ve a trip to Molini in 6 weeks, heres hoping they get right by then, these are all returned at my expense btw

fr0sty125

I placed an order on Monday afternoon was delivered on Tuesday morning and it was even the right items!

doubledunter

I have just recieved the wrong part for a 4th time despite including a picture of the mech hanger and planet x own product code FSTIT on my last return, currently on hold on the phone for 15 mins now, How hard can it be 😥

Premier Icon wwaswas
    Subscriber

Maybe suggest they send you one each of *all* the available mech hangers, let you choose the right one and return the rest?

Has Planet X just grown too quick and not changed internally to keep up with it’s own success?

in a recent similar thread someone cross-posted from another forum thread (bikeradar?) where P-X Dave had posted what read as an internal email, summarising a review of their CS and internal processes. It was pretty candid and scathing but the above quote neatly summed it up.

doubledunter

Maybe suggest they send you one each of *all* the available mech hangers, let you choose the right one and return the rest?

Seriously P****d just now, I found one on CRC , just ordered that, if Planet X eventually get it right I dont mind having 2 spare, I couldnt get an answer on phone despite saying there was only 2 in front of me, hung up and emailed them again with my thoughts,its cost me nearly the mech hanger cost in returns, cant take the chance they keep getting it wrong so back to CRC for me.

robdob

I ordered a load of bits 2 weekends ago, had a part missing on something – not surprising as it had just been thrown in the box in an open bag and all the parts were rattling around a large box.
    Submitted a “helpdesk” thing and now have a “ticket”.
    Been 5 days now and no reply.
    Does “ticket” mean “file it” and “helpdesk” mean “bin”?

robdob

….Although reading the other peoples problems almost makes me grateful that a) I didn’t order anything expensive and b) I at least got something similar to what I ordered.

Premier Icon Northwind
    Subscriber

Has Planet X just grown too quick and not changed internally to keep up with it’s own success?

Don’t think so, that seems to be the excuse today but it’s not a new thing, this. I reckon personally we’re just seeing the result of outgrowing your goodwill, they used to have enough vocal positive customers to balance out the vocal unhappy customers, now they don’t.

doubledunter

This is unbelievable, I have just recieved this email, this is after sending me the wrong item 4 times. Its was only a £14 mech hanger and the cost of the returns, but not really the point, seriously terrible service,really disappointed, been using them for years,not be again though 🙁

[#85151]: Orders: I’ve received my order but something’s not quite right
    FROM Planet X Customer Service TO You
    Show Details

From

Planet X Customer Service

To
    xxxxxxx

Hello

Thank you for your email

We do not have any mech hanger for the el guapo in stock.

You can find them in the link below

http://www.mountainbikecomponents.co.uk/items.asp?CategoryID=249&Name=ASYLUM+Hangers%2FDropouts

You can return the others using the link below

http://www.planetx.co.uk/help/returns-and-refunds

Kind regards

Mike

Jamie

Well. That’s you told.

mattrgee

This is unbelievable, I have just recieved this email, this is after sending me the wrong item 4 times.

At least they’ve saved you the trouble of googling where to get one from!

Premier Icon Rusty Spanner
    Subscriber

I’ve never had a problem with PX, but these threads are even putting me off.

I’ve read so many of them I’m starting to think the worst, even though I’ve only had decent service from them.

Premier Icon Rusty Spanner
    Subscriber

I do fancy some eggs though.
    And a Volvo.

pjm84

I’ve selective if I buy from Planet X. The shrinking top, now unwearable after one wash, the road tyre that lasted around 200km and was disintegrating before my very eyes or the bar tape that doesn’t stick.

That said I do use them for the Geax AKA MTB TNT tyres. Now I’m big but even I have to use a G clamp putting these on.

Thrustyjust

On another note, my recent alloy riser bars and SLR saddle both turned up quick and efficiently. Although from past experience, don’t buy anything that requires a warranty or replacement parts, like headset bearings. You’ll meet a wall of no help or interest. I wont buy anything like that from them again. Must admit I fancied a Titus frame, but the thought of bushes and bearings has made me think no chance.

robdob

There is a star rating you can choose in their helpdesk system. 1-5 stars. I’ve just put 1 star to see if it generates a response.

Although I am not sure if they bother looking at their “helpdesk” anyway. Anyone else had any response from it?

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 177 total)

The topic ‘Planet X – Top Class Customer Service Again – Not!’ is closed to new replies.