Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Planet X London Road – What weight is yours?
  • nathb
    Free Member

I built mine up, mainly from spares, a few weeks ago. Really enjoying the bike and using it daily as my commuter.

But my Large LR weighs 10.7kg in it’s current form and it feels it versus my 9.5kg (I appreciate that’s still heavy by many standards) road bike , although it is increasing my fitness level….

However with summer approaching I was considering swinging via Richmond Park on my commute home in the evenings, and so was thinking of putting it on a slight diet.

In essence, I’m trying to get a realistic achievable weight and was wondering what does yours weigh?

shermer75
    Free Member

What’s the frame and fork in your road bike?

shermer75
    Free Member

Planet X claims the LR frameset is 2320 grams. As a comparison their Pro Carbon road bike frameset is listed as 1500 grams. So, depending on the frame and fork on your road bike, there’s going to be half a kilo or so that’s going to be expensive to shift.

What wheels have you got in the commuter? I’ve always found that rims and tyre choice can make a bike feel lighter

therevokid
    Free Member

frameset is what 2.5 – 3 kg ?
    what wheels you got in it ?

cynic-al
    Free Member

OP it won’t be just the weight that makes it feel heavier. Heavier wheels and tyres, thicker tyre carcass, lower pressures all have an impact (but make little difference to speed!)

nathb
    Free Member

Cheers for the responses.

My road bike isn’t anything special; Felt F95 with a few changes – mavic aksium wheels, 105 chainset and brakes. (If you’re interested: https://instagram.com/p/BC3Y_qOndnN/ ) But has seen me in the top 3% of the leaderboards for richmond park. 🙂

Wheels are MT15s and are definitely first thing to be changed on the diet plan.

The reason I’m asking for other people’s LR weights is to see what realistically changing seatpost/stem/mechs etc etc may result in weight wise.

Cheers!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Planet X London Road – What weight is yours?’ is closed to new replies.