Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Planet X / Cyle2work / Halfords voucher
  • rodderz
    Free Member

HI,

does anyone know if there are any shops which would take the Halfords Cycle2work voucher and where they are able to get the Planet X time trial bike?

As i get back into long course triathlon it would be nice to have TT bike this time around.

thanks, roderick

scotroutes

Halfords C2W helpdesk can provide a list of shops but as Planet X are direct, you’ll not get one of their bikes.

PMK2060

A time trial bike is probably not suitable for cycling to work.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

why not?

rodderz
    Free Member

It is suitable for a long straight road and where i can keep my clothes in the office. Ideal! A friend of mine who races in 70.3 at a v high level commutes on one.

I Wasn’t sure if Planet X sold anything to the stores.

eskay

You cannot get Planet X bikes on the Halfords scheme (I asked Halfords the question a while ago).

rodderz
    Free Member

I had the same response yesterday hence asking if there was any other way of sourcing them… shame really

riddoch

Geoffrey butler cycles in East Croydon used to sell Planet X bikes but I haven’t been in for a while.
    Edit just checked there website and they still list the pro carbon.

antigee

“It is suitable for a long straight road and where i can keep my clothes in the office

skinsuit or naked? 😉

hope get sorted

rodderz
    Free Member

nude effect skinsuit

Deveron53
    Free Member

Unless the supplying shop is willing to change the description of the bike to remove the time trial references, Cycle to Work scheme will refuse to allow it. Specific racing equipment is excluded. Sounds odd but them’s the rules!

They’ll also do the following:
    Check your height against the size of the bike to make sure it’s for you (your height is on your driving license).
    Check your gender against what you’ve ordered (female specific? Is it really for you? – small chaps may get away with it).

I used to work in a bike shop processing vouchers so I have some knowledge…

antigee

small chaps may get away with it.

I used to work in a bike shop processing vouchers so I have some knowledge…

probably useful advice but not sure if I’d go public that checking out the size of a chap is essential to maintaining equity in the UK tax regime

dirtyrider
    Free Member

They’ll also do the following:
    Check your height against the size of the bike to make sure it’s for you (your height is on your driving license).
    Check your gender against what you’ve ordered (female specific? Is it really for you? – small chaps may get away with it).

of course what you friendly bike shop give you as a receipt for, and what you get “may be different” 😉

rodderz
    Free Member

Cool… i will commute on it too. very efficiently… I will need to commute on it as I need to get some proper miles in too. The beauty of my job is flexibility and decent showers between work time
    height wont be an issue – deffo for me

Gary_M
    Free Member

This is nonsense, I applied for c2w recently and no one asked to see my driving license or any other proof of height.

rodderz
    Free Member

I have asked my company to apply to Cyclescheme also. Will see what happens, if I end up with a Boardman at a £400 saving I won’t complain. My Cervelo Soloist in a limited black colour is amazing and that will do too.

All for the love of riding for 112 miles on tri bars. on a road.

Deveron53
    Free Member

This is nonsense, I applied for c2w recently and no one asked to see my driving license or any other proof of height.

This was the thing that happened with the cycle scheme when I worked there. Different schemes may be more lax. We had to supply colour scan of driving licence or similar. My shop was very rigid about receipts and top-ups. They were just protecting themselves.

russjp
    Free Member

Absolute bollocks about height being on your driving licence! Defo not on mine or my wife’s

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I don’t have a driving licence. Does this mean I don’t have height?

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Planet X / Cyle2work / Halfords voucher’ is closed to new replies.