Viewing 40 posts - 441 through 480 (of 493 total)
  • Plane crash in the alps
  • breatheeasy
    Free Member

It is being reported that the police found a doctors note allowing him to be signed off work, this was ripped up and left at his house. Strikes me this is a “FU I am not being signed off work” kind of response.

I don’t get this bit unless it’s different in Germany – I would only get a sicknote if I went to the doctor and basically asked for one, with the implication I was going to use it. All I can think of was he thought about calling in sick, but then though f** that, it’s too late for things like that and was in an (obviously with hindsight) darker/deeper place than he realised.

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Why take 150 people with you? How about to totally destroy the life of the person you’ve broken up with. Whoever that person is I expect right now they wish they were dead. What a way to punish someone and torture them for the rest of their lives.

Often a classic sign of depression/suicides – you can’t communicate what you feel so often demonstrate it in such ways to show people how you feel/felt.

aracer
    Free Member

If you lot can step away from bickering about whether or not he was a murderous bastard for a moment, does anybody know whether this was his first flight of the day, or had he already made one?

paulwf

They said on the news yesterday that him and the captain had already flown that morning to Spain

sharkbait
    Free Member

Jesus, imagine being a passenger on his earlier flight.

Junkyard
    Free Member

If you lot can step away from bickering about whether or not he was a murderous bastard for a moment

Given the contributions that is unlikely to happen as they guess wildly and search the internet for “proof” of their claims

I think we should stop assuming that we do.

Again it seems unlikely as some of them cannot even see [ or admit as NW alludes to] they are making assumptions and prefer to find evidence that shows they are right. all a bit JHJ for me and in poor taste.

Your right we dont know. Its hardly the work of Sherlock to work out the pilot had issues and i dont think you can claim some sort of special power because you realised or predicted this. We have no idea how his illness developed or manifested itself we only know that one act we dont not know WHY or how or if he planned it just that he did it.

ChubbyBlokeInLycra
    Free Member

note the last sentence;

Dr. Hans-Werner Teichmüller, president of the Deutsche Fliegerarztverband, an association of German doctors who carry out examinations on pilots and flight crew, expressed total shock at the co-pilot’s alleged actions.
    I take it you missed (or didn’t understand) the second last word of the first sentence?

ChubbyBlokeInLycra
    Free Member

All very calculated and deliberate and not an act of emotion/anger/momentary loss of control.

According to the years of training in psychiatry and psychology that you’ve never had?

Junkyard
    Free Member

I take it you missed (or didn’t understand) the second last word of the first sentence?

I reckon this misunderstanding was pre meditated 😉

Andy-R

sharkbait – Member
    Jesus, imagine being a passenger on his earlier flight.

Something that I don’t think anyone else has touched on – imagine being his parents.

As a father of two children a few years older than he was I honestly can’t imagine the hell they’re going through. I reckon that they’ll be thinking that it would have been better if they’d died with him.

Junkyard
    Free Member

So now we are debating how his parents feel and just how suicidal they are 😯

Can we all have a collective word with ourselves here 🙄

ChubbyBlokeInLycra
    Free Member

I reckon this misunderstanding was pre meditated

Maybe, just speculation on my part.

nealglover
    Free Member

So now we are debating how his parents feel and just how suicidal they are

Can we all have a collective word with ourselves here

Totally agree.

Maybe not intentional, but incredibly insensitive.

Andy-R

Junkyard – lazarus
    So now we are debating how his parents feel and just how suicidal they are

Can we all have a collective word with ourselves here

Nobody was debating it and it may not be relevant as far as you’re concerned. It was simply a thought that’s been going through my head today – but you’re right, I’ll **** off and have a word with myself.

aracer
    Free Member

Thanks – I assumed it was likely that they wouldn’t get their pilots overnighting away from base, but nothing I found seemed to mention that.

In which case I’ll make a (probably futile) attempt to nip some of the speculation in the bud. If his intentions were as some people seem to think when he got out of bed that morning, why did he wait until the second flight and not just get on with it? It was mentioned earlier, but everybody seems to be ignoring it – it does seem there was some sort of disagreement with the captain during the flight. Maybe this was what cause him to snap, and decide to end it there and then.

slackalice
    Free Member

Has anyone mentioned schizophrenia yet? We may never know, however that’s the sense I’m getting from this.

Junkyard
    Free Member

It was simply a thought that’s been going through my head today – but you’re right, I’ll **** off and have a word with myself.

The speculation about the mental state of the pilot – which is nothing more than the wild speculation of folk with no actual medical expertise in this area and no direct knowledge of him or the facts is pointless. To add to this by speculating about his parents “mental state” and then to say they wish they were dead is even worse.

Please dont be angry at me [ it was not said to annoy but i can see hwy it has] but please do have a think about it. We dont need trial by social media on here and we certainly dont need it for his parents.

Exits thread wishes aracer luck

LHS
    Free Member

Ex girlfriend now stated he told her he was planning his place in history and everyone would remember his name and what he had done. Still need convincing this wasn’t murder?!!! 😯

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Has anyone mentioned schizophrenia yet?

Well you have now if no one else has.

It’s an easy explanation – the incompetence of the neuropsychologist who was treating him from depression to diagnose untreated severe schizophrenia.

And of course we all know that sufferers of schizophrenia are either murders or murders in the waiting.

Trying to live with schizophrenia is truly shit enough, something which you are obviously lucky enough not to know, without ignorant people demonizing suffers with ill-thought comments.

Why is schizophrenia portrayed so negatively on screen?

BBC documentary reinforce the stereotype that people with schizophrenia are dangerous

ChubbyBlokeInLycra
    Free Member

Ex girlfriend now stated he told her he was planning his place in history and everyone would remember his name and what he had done. Still need convincing

Yes and I don’t expect it’ll be you doing the convincing.
    BTW what is your fascination with this? Is your life so far off the rails that all you can do is look at other people in a situation worse than yours and take pleasure in it, pointing at them to deflect from your own pointless existence? Is there some dark secret that you have that you’re trying to keep from your fellow UKIP/EDL members because you know what will happen if they find out?

Just idle speculation, but hey, sauce for the goose and all that

dantsw13

What should happen: a deep review into mental health issues amongst pilots – is there anything companies can do to reduce stress levels, and how do the authorities ensure people comply with doctors instructions?

What will happen: A knee-jerk reaction introducing a pointless counterproductive set of rules, to pacify the media.

Sadly.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

In which case I’ll make a (probably futile) attempt to nip some of the speculation in the bud. If his intentions were as some people seem to think when he got out of bed that morning, why did he wait until the second flight and not just get on with it?

maybe as simple as the captain didn’t leave the cockpit on the earlier flight.

wallop

I am wondering what element of planning went into this in terms of crash location. But then I remember that he could never have predicted when the captain would go to the loo.

scotroutes

If it’s a regular run then there could be an established routine.

wallop

The Times is reporting he’d flown over the area before in a glider, but I’m failing to see how that’s relevant if, like you say, he was on a regular route. Just more press speculation.

LHS
    Free Member

Chubby bloke, you seem to have anger issues. Perhaps a chat with some loved ones is in order? Not sure what’s going on in your life but best to talk it over with someone.

Junkyard
    Free Member

….

CountZero

I am wondering what element of planning went into this in terms of crash location. But then I remember that he could never have predicted when the captain would go to the loo.

He knew the area well from flying gliders there regularly, so it’s possible he was waiting for an opportunity to carry out an act he’d had in mind for some time, and when the pilot left the cockpit for a wee, he took advantage of it.
    No actual suicide note left, but, if the comment made by his ex can be given any credence, then it may well have been premeditated, but not preplanned in any kind of detail, just opportunist.
    We’ll probably never, ever know for sure. 😐

outofbreath
    Free Member

We’ll probably never know what was going on in the first officer’s head. It’s possible he was psychotic at the time of the crash and thought (for example) the sky was about to turn into rock and only by flying under the sky through the mountains could he save everyone. In that scenario he had no intent to harm anyone. Perhaps the psychosis started at the point his answers became curt. (Apparently depression can morph into conditions that include psychosis.)

My point is perhaps we should be slower to blame this guy. He didn’t ask for a mental illness. Although, clearly in more lucid moments he should have told his company he was unfit to fly for whatever reason – being honest about the situation didn’t harm his career before.

FWIW I don’t believe the story in the Mail about him threatening to do it some time ago – if he’d said that and she thought he meant it she’d have told the airline.

wallop

The Mail’s headline doesn’t reflect the truth though.

LHS
    Free Member

Full black box transcript available now. Terrible reading. Actively encouraging the pilot to go to the toilet and leave the cabin and making references like “we will see” when talking about the landing.

TrekEX8
    Free Member

Whoever leaked that needs their backside kicking.

aracer
    Free Member

Not what I was expecting from the headline, he talks more sense than a lot of you

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-32101305

rickmeister

The glider experience in the area may be relevant. After working for many years in a Lakes MRT, we had a lot of suicides with people coming back to a favourite or regular holiday location to end it all..

LHS
    Free Member

How is the motive of the co-pilot not relevant? Not sure many would agree with that point of view. Agreed that the airlines need to ensure full accountability for the well being of their crew, but in this case there would need to be wide-sweeping changes to transparency of medical notes and their availability to the employer. This would have much wider reaching consequences.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

How is the motive relevant?

LHS
    Free Member

Lessons learnt. Ensuring history is not repeated. What if he left a note stating that his employer had pushed him to the limits, he had told them endlessly for months that he couldn’t go on under the pressure and the only way they would pay attention is if he did something drastic like this. Understanding that motive would be extremely beneficial to implement remedial action to ensure nothing like this happens again. How do you put remedial action in place without understanding the direct or root cause of the issue?

Pretty obvious stuff.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Have you forgotten that the guy was possibly severely mentally ill?

cloudnine
    Free Member

Where’s the line between terrorist / mass murderer / insane… Because this has pretty much got them all crossed..

Viewing 40 posts - 441 through 480 (of 493 total)

The topic ‘Plane crash in the alps’ is closed to new replies.