Viewing 13 posts - 481 through 493 (of 493 total)
  • Plane crash in the alps
  • LHS
    Free Member

May have been mentally ill, but the facts need to be reviewed and understood as to what the direct / root cause of the mass murder was. Being mentally ill is a direct cause but not necessarily the root cause. What he did was carefully calculated and planned so motive plays into it.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

What he did was carefully calculated and planned so motive plays into it.

You are either a troll or an idiot, and I’m not sure which.

LHS
    Free Member

Without resorting to infantile insults, explain why it was not calculated.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    wanmankylung
    Free Member

Lack of capacity.

LHS
    Free Member

In your opinion.

That day he…

Deliberately tore up his sick note
    Actively encouraged the captain to leave the cockpit to go to the toilet
    Locked the cabin door and activated the controlled descent into ground
    Ignored the CCTV and requests for access to the cabin
    Hit the override button for the cabin door keypad
    Ignored for over 8 minutes pleading and screaming.

A very calculated series of deliberate actions with only one outcome – the murder of 149 people. This was all berated a few days ago as speculation but has now been shown to be factual from the black-box recording.

Very similar to what Anders Breivik did.

chip
    Free Member

How is the motive relevant?

It is very relevant, to understand how it is that this happened and to do everything you can to ensure it does not happen again.
    This does not just extend to the relevant industry experts and health professionals.

But to joe public who fly and entrust there life’s to the airlines everyday.
    If I am going to use air travel, when a plane crashes I want to know why and know all investigations are transparent no matter what the reason is.

This man was well enough to know he was ill enough to see a doctor and then chose to do what he did.

When Living with mental illness you have a responsibility to your self and others to keep yourself well and when not to seek help.
    Which he did, but then chose to ignore medical advice for his own selfish reasons.

ChubbyBlokeInLycra
    Free Member

LHS – Member

Without resorting to infantile insults, explain why it was not calculated.
    well

LHS – Member

May have been mentally ill, would probably cover it.

What he did was carefully calculated and planned

and, yet again, how do you know this? Do you just enjoy demonstrating your ignorance?

LHS
    Free Member

Still not spoken to someone on your anger issues. Consider it. It may help.

chip
    Free Member

I hold this man responsible even if he was stark raving mad and the last thing heard on the voice recorder was wibble before he put that plane into the mountain.
    Because at some point he would have realised he was becoming unwell and it was at this point he should of sought professional help and stopped work because of his job and all the responsibilities that go with it.

It is for not doing the right thing then that I hold him responsible.

iolo
    Free Member

Mental health is a terrible thing. Your reality can become very different to others.
    The guy was very good at wearing a “normal” mask.
    Looks like that mask fell off at the worst possible time.
    My condolences to the families of the poor innocents who were at the wrong place at the wrong time.
    My condolences also go out to his family.
    Just a very sad state of affairs to all concerned.

mattrgee
    Free Member

Just read some of the transcript that was leaked. The betrayal of trust the co-pilot demonstrated towards his colleague and those passengers is truly awful. I feel deeply sorry for the captain, he would have known what was happening and what the horrific outcome would be. Very sad. Seems the captain did everything he could in that short period of time to try and regain entry and stop what was happening.

RIP.

CountZero

There are some indications that there may have been doubt about the co-pilot’s eyesight, leading to him losing his job, plus there had been talk from the parent airline that due to competition from the likes of easyjet and other low-cost airlines, there would need to be cost cuttings possibly involving pensions, salary, etc.
    These, along with his relationship issues, may have been the final contributing factors that pushed him over the edge.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Prosecutor revealed today that the co-pilot had been treated previously for suicidal tendencies.

Viewing 13 posts - 481 through 493 (of 493 total)

The topic ‘Plane crash in the alps’ is closed to new replies.