Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Places to stop on way to alps
  • Wrongun
    Free Member

Hi,

This summer I am hoping to organise a family holiday in Gridelwald, switzerland (hopefully squeeze in some cheeking mtb action!!)

Anway, I am looking for ideas for somewhere to stay for a few days en-route. We are probably driving from Calais Can anyone reccomend anything? I need some cheapish accomodation <£70 per night), a small apartment/studio would be best as we are taking our 1 year-old. I am thinking forests/lakes/nice walkin areas

Any ideas ?

Cheers

Edukator
    Free Member

If you’re going through France then how about Les Rousses in the Jura. It’s a ski resort with lots of accomodation which is very cheap in Summer.

If ou take the free motorway option through Belgium anf Germany then how about Freiburg. Do the Feldburg on the MTB, visit the passive houses and carless suburb, and stay in a hotel in the centre which should be possible for £70.

singlecrack
    Free Member

Don’t stop ..!!!

Just get there …;-)

Skid-Mark
    Free Member

Wrongun,

Maybe you will overlap with the Eiger mtb marathon http://www.eigerbike.ch/ on the 12th Aug.

My recommendation would be Beaune, the wine capital of Burgundy, Frances oldest and most prestidgous wine region. You definately don’t have to be a wino (like me!) to enjoy yourself there.

Skiddie

Tracey

We usually stop over in Malbuisson on our way to Verbier staying in the Hotel Le Lac

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Places to stop on way to alps’ is closed to new replies.