Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Places to stay Glenmtress/Innerleithen
  • SixFootTwo
    Free Member

“6 middle aged men on birthday weekend WLTM someone who can accommodate us for a long weekend over September, GSH required.”

Yes looking for somewhere to stay near the trail centres if anyone could suggest options or places where they’ve had a good stay previously?

the_lecht_rocks

Tontine !

coogan
    Free Member

I stayed here when I was down there for a wedding. Big garage for the bikes, fab breakfast.

Gledeknowe Guest House in the Scottish Borders

mindmap3
    Free Member

We’ve just got back from a week in Peebles staying in a small barn conversion for two people however the up stairs is bigger. It’s called Benko (google that with Peebles) and see if it’s any good.

Our cottage was really well equipped including bike storage complete with work stands etc. The owners ate really nice too.

Their about three miles from Glentress and six from Inners.

Northwind

Bike House in innerleithen will take 6, though some bunk bedage is involved which isn’t quite ideal… But the bike storage is fantastic, the shared space- living room, kitchen etc- lovely. Owned by that Chris Ball.

And, much the same of the Bike Lodge actually, run by local top bloke Nic.

There’s others but these 2 make the leap from “bike tolerant” to “by bikers for bikers”

antares
    Free Member

Stayed here a couple of months ago, was spot on. Perfect for 6 of you.

http://www.thestanes.co.uk/

SixFootTwo
    Free Member

Tontine’s looking good on availability but not so hot on price, others look great but availability is a little short for when we want to go but appreciate the recommendations as they are rather nice.

patriotpro
    Free Member

The Bikehouse (Innerleithen) (£200 for 2 nights) is excellent, 3 rooms in total, each with 2 beds in, one room has bunks, so bear in mind if that bothers you.

It’s about half a mile from Innerleithen car park and the village/town has all the amenities you need.

I’ve stayed at ‘Kailzie Bunkhouse’ (£20pppn) a couple of times too but after staying at the bunkhouse, it simply cannot compete.

bullroar
    Free Member

You could try here:

http://www.innerhaven.co.uk/

I’ve stayed here with the family and also with 5 others blokes on a biking long weekend. Cool place, very bike friendly and Andy who runs it is a top bloke always up for a talk about bikes and riding.

SixFootTwo
    Free Member

innerhaven looks great, unfortunately booked on the weekend we’re after but thanks for the heads up

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Places to stay Glenmtress/Innerleithen’ is closed to new replies.