Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Pizzaists….. Homemade pizza tomato sauce recipe??
  • thenorthwind

This plus some sugar to take away the bitterness from the tomato seeds.

+ 1 for that, I tend to season with a teaspoon or two of brown sugar

lemonysam
    Free Member

Many moons ago I used to work for a large Pizza chain.

I spent 5 years making great pizzas this way…

*is a skeptical hippo*

thetallpaul
    Free Member

Try the Pizza Pilgrims dough. It may have to be left to rise for 24 hours, but is the closest I have made to real Amalfi Coast pizza. Just need the wood fired oven now.

Goes home to make dough for tomorrow. Nom, nom…

dmorts

I was told by an Italian chef at an Italian cooking school near Napoli in Italy that Italian’s would never bother with a pizza at home. It’s something you go out for*. The reason being that a conventional oven just doesn’t get hot enough.

*unless you had a pizza oven at home

myti
    Free Member

I was told by an Italian chef at an Italian cooking school near Napoli in Italy that Italian’s would never bother with a pizza at home. It’s something you go out for*. The reason being that a conventional oven just doesn’t get hot enough.

*unless you had a pizza oven at home

Yes if we could pop out and get the kind of pizza available in Italy I wouldn’t bother making it at home but my homemade pizza is better than most available in the UK and much cheaper. Try a pizza stone in the oven for a better base!

piemonster

Yes if we could pop out and get the kind of pizza available in Italy I wouldn’t bother making it at home but my homemade pizza is better than most available in the UK and much cheaper. Try a pizza stone in the oven for a better base!

I’m yet to encounter Pizza in either take away or restaurant form in the UK that’s not proved disappointing.

Mind you, they’re obviously just good enough that I keep trying

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Pizzaists….. Homemade pizza tomato sauce recipe??’ is closed to new replies.