Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)
  • Pizza express.
  • footflaps

I reckon Pizza Express is by far the best of all the restaurant chains, probably eat there once a month, sometimes more…

benp1

Did she show you the receipt?

That’s a helluva a lotta diamond white down the park 😆

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

I reckon Pizza Express is by far the best of all the restaurant chains, probably eat there once a month, sometimes more…

It’s perfectly fine, but this is STW. So unless the pizza oven is built in front of them using artisanal tools, then it’s just inedible crap.

jekkyl

yeah the price of beer in those places is always a killer, £5-£6 for a 330ml bottle of peroni or even worse *shudder* a 250ml bottle. yup Tap water with ice all the way.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Never been, and this thread has probably put pay to my ever going.

(Just muttered ‘cool story bro’ – to self, in response to own comment. Time for a holiday…)

Harry_the_Spider

yeah the price of beer in those places is always a killer, £5-£6 for a 330ml bottle of peroni or even worse *shudder* a 250ml bottle. yup Tap water with ice all the way.

£3.95 at the one near me… but don’t ley the facts get in the way of a good story 😉

http://uk.pizzaexpress.com/our-food/our-restaurant-menu/drinks/?rid=223

momo

MrsMomo and I went to our local one last Thursday for some pre-gig food and drink, used a 3 courses for £12.95 voucher and turned £6 of tesco clubcard points into a £24 voucher, alright, spent £18 on a bottle of wine, but 3 courses and a bottle of wine for £20 isn’t too bad in my book.

MrsMomo also states that they have far and away the best gluten free pizzas of all the chains and dough balls of all the chains.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Like my LBS I figured I could get a discount at Tesco by bringing in cake.

They told me they already had plenty of cake.

😆

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

£3.95 at the one near me… but don’t ley the facts get in the way of a good story

£4.25 in that London as well, so jekkyl must be dining in some sort of VIP secret Pizza Express?

breatheeasy
    Free Member

That was pre cinema and shopping.

Then I suspect the £15 spend at the pizza place paled into insignificance!

grum
    Free Member

I’m a bit of a hipster foodie **** and will usually quite happily eat in Pizza Express – their pizzas are actually pretty damn good.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Project Pie in Dundee best High St Pizza ever.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Project Pie in Dundee best High St Pizza ever.

The problem is that it’s in Dundee: not great if you live in the south of England, which is littered with high st. Pizza Expresses (Expressi?)

footflaps

The problem is that it’s in Dundee: not great if you live in the south of England,

Surely that’s where Deliveroo step in….

jekkyl

£4.25 in that London as well, so jekkyl must be dining in some sort of VIP secret Pizza Express?

lol, I meant pseudo posh wannabe type restaurants in general not just pizza express, however 4 quid isn’t much better.

Northwind

momo – Member

MrsMomo also states that they have far and away the best gluten free pizzas of all the chains and dough balls of all the chains.

Better than most proper restaurants tbh.Pizza Hut’s is actually a really good effort, it’s just that it’s a really good gluten free Pizza Hut pizza, with all the same character as a normal pizza hut pizza. Good or bad…

crankboy
    Free Member

If I had ever eaten out with my mates at my dads expense i’d have doubled the bill too.

tinybits
    Free Member

….and menu is pretty limited..

Well, they sort of do pizzas. If you’re not into that, probably best if you go somewhere else….

benp1

Our town in London suburbia has a Pizza Express and Ask Italian opposite each other. They’re both by the same company (well they were anyway)

My 4 year old son’s favourite restaurant is Ask, what have we done? 🙄

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

lol, I meant pseudo posh wannabe type restaurants in general not just pizza express, however 4 quid isn’t much better.

I hate myself for saying it, but £4 for a 330ml bottle of Peroni* in central London is *shudders* quite reasonable.

*Which isn’t even that nice.

Northwind

…at the risk of sounding like a broken record, it’s also cool that they carry gluten free beer, and do more of a range of deserts than most. Makes no difference to most people but it’s real attention to detail and willingness to go further and I reckon that reflects well outwith the funny diet stuff. Mostly we get to the desert and it’s, oh well, guess I’ll have an ice cream.

(Greens pilsner btw; not bad at all.)

Harry_the_Spider

Tesco vouchers.
    Many of vegetarian options.
    Very predictable portion sizes and published nutritional values for my diabetic daughter.
    Loads of branches.
    No nuggets of poo in their ice according to that recent investigation.

God bless Pizza Express and all those who sail eat in her.

CountZero

If I go to the British Museum, I’ll go the the Pizza Express in Coptic Street. I always get a big ‘za usually an Americana Hot, and I’m pretty sure I’ve never paid £15 for one even without Tesco vouchers.
    Thought so, less than twelve quid. And I expect to pay more to sit in a nice room, with service, rather than grab a couple of slices from a street vendor and try to find somewhere to sit and eat it while trying to juggle the ‘za and a bottle of drink.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

I always get a big ‘za

A what now?

trying to juggle the ‘za

Oh sweet baby Jesus….

Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)

The topic ‘Pizza express.’ is closed to new replies.