Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 64 total)
  • Pizza express.
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

I think I’ve whinged about the price of that place before but sod it here I go again. Dearest daughter had a small chicken Pizza today and a coke whilst out with her friends. 15 quid she tells me 15 **** quid. She needs to be getting a paper round sharpish!

bruneep

Use Tesco clubcard vouchers

joshvegas
    Free Member

Go somewhere decent?

allthepies
    Free Member

It’s not too difficult to get Pizza Express discount codes.

https://www.pizzaexpress.com/offers
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/deals/pizza-express

preciousmetals
    Free Member

Another pointless thread from you.
    I shall ignore future posts from you – I’ll have £15 back for wasting my internet viewing time.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Well it seems a small pizza is about £10 – I doubt a coke is £5. Has she not learnt it’s better to order a normal pizza for £10-12 and split it with a friend, that’s what mine do.
    Otherwise, as above, Tesco vouchers.

totalshell

fools and their money.. NOBODY pays for food in Pizza express.. check out the wads of tesco vouchers in the tills and check out the kids ordering pizzas to share with tap water.. cmon..

scotroutes

Awaits wrightysons Tesco rant thread

Drac

Some tips Here on getting discount.

convert

And tap water instead of coke.

So we’ve got your daughter’s bill down to £6 worth of vouchers. It’s like Alvin Hall is amongst us.

wrightyson
    Free Member

I have a tesco credit card as well! Just never thought to arm the daughter with vouchers as I need them for crc (if only).
    Pizza was 12 quid apparently. That was pre cinema and shopping. I’ve spent less this weekend. As for the pointless thread comment, thanks for posting sweetie 😉

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Go somewhere decent?

Post 3.

Is disappoint.

scotroutes

wrightyson – Member
    I have a tesco credit card as well! Just never thought to arm the daughter with vouchers as I need them for crc (if only).

Evans do 2 for 1 on Tesco points and they price match.

Maybe this thread is heading for not-so-pointless after all 😉

prettygreenparrot

Can she afford it? Is she having fun? If the answer to both of those is ‘yes’ then what’s the problem? If the answer to the first is ‘no’ then you need to offer some parenting and money advice. . If the answer to the second is ‘no’ then find out what’s wrong. Moaning on STW about getting a paper round is unlikely to have any effect on your daughter unless she’s a forum member. And then it might not have a positive effect

preciousmetals
    Free Member

Have you told your daughter about all this nonsense.

Ahhhh let me guess you’d rather air your frustrations on the net than deal with them in real life situations.

palmer77
    Free Member

preciousmetals – Member

Ahhhh let me guess you’d rather air your frustrations on the net than deal with them in real life situations.

POSTED 6 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

Why bother then…

bencooper
    Free Member

Are these down south prices? We went today to the Edinburgh one, £33 for kids pizza, large adult pizza, large salad, drinks, plus friendly waitress who also gave us change for the parking. Seemed very reaonable to me.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Who the **** are you sweet cheeks? It’s not frustrations it’s just casual chit chat, perhaps you’d know that if you’d been here more than 5 mins. Anyhow crack on with your goading. Just shown the daughter the post and she’s right you are a bit of a dick x

iainc

Ben, must be order dependant, we were in Sliverburn one yesterday – £62 for a starter the kids shared, 3 pizzas and a salad, plus 4 cokes. Had to wait 45 mins from ordering for food to arrive. Quite a few people walked out before their food arrived. Won’t be going back

bearnecessities

preciousmetals – Member

*Notes latest internet hero*

bones
    Free Member

WTF preciousmental?

angeldust
    Free Member

Who the **** are you sweet cheeks? It’s not frustrations it’s just casual chit chat, perhaps you’d know that if you’d been here more than 5 mins. Anyhow crack on with your goading. Just shown the daughter the post and she’s right you are a bit of a dick x

LOL **’Do you know who I am?’**

bruneep

<preciousmetals – Member – Registered: March 16, 2016>

Tis ok he’s new here

andyrm
    Free Member

Pizza Express’ business model is based around discount vouchers being primary marketing activity, and “lost” revenue from vouchers goes against marketing budget.

As a result, full price is a bit high.

Aim of the game, as has been suggested, is getting your daughter into using things like 02 Priority Moments, Vouchercloud etc.

slowoldman

I had a lovely pizza from a street vendor yesterday. Freshly made in front of my eyes in a wood fired oven. It was delicious and £5.

scotroutes

Hmm. Pavement pizza

Graham_Clark

Erm, I had three courses and a beer there last week for £17… I think they saw her and her mates coming!

deadkenny
    Free Member

Discounts plenty, and the pizzas are pretty good. For a sit down job, decent grub, okay atmosphere, drink inc booze available, it’s not bad.

Unlike Five Guys. Hipster fancy burgers served up in an environment no better than MuckyD/BK served in a foil wrap because that’s cool right. £15 for cheeseburger, fries and a coke. Screw that. I’d rather spend the same at a gastro pub and get a beer with it for same price. Okay it’s still served poncy on a chopping board, but the atmosphere is better and they have beer. Better still, a traditional pub with real ales, ordinary grub on ordinary plates and no pretence.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

15 quid she tells me 15 **** quid. She needs to be getting a paper round sharpish!

When we were kids the best you could hope for was a take away pizza and a can of coke in the park/bench. It’s probably on a par with going to the cinema/hr

paladin

scotroutes – Member

Evans do 2 for 1 on Tesco points and they price match

not sure if this will affect that….

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Better still, a traditional pub with real ales, ordinary grub on ordinary plates and no pretence.

Agreed. Send her for gammon egg and chips and a pint of mild. Pizza, schmizza…

When I were a lad they imported food to pub from chippy in one big order wi’ numbers on wrappers.

Actually we were drinking at 15 in the local. On first (nervous) visit the landlady invited us to the ‘Sunday afternoon strip show’ and roast dinner. Even though I was at that curious age I still sensed something incongruous and so chose a different local that did pies and had a jukebox which played (among other things) Hawkwind’s ‘Angels of Light’. None of those ruddy dumbphones neither. We did this thing called ‘having a laugh’ and ‘what’s the scam?’ <—– prompt for impromptu high jinks about the immediate locale.

scaredypants

15 quid

she tells me

<nods> 😉

hooli

I don’t like the pizza there, think its something they put in the tomato sauce. That and the only beer they have is Peroni and its 6 f^&£ quid a bottle!

jambalaya
    Free Member

Yes been there done that. I remember when my three where old enough to eat adult amounts of food, bill was eyewatering for an ok pizza from a chain restaurant 😯

ransos
    Free Member

Dearest daughter had a small chicken Pizza today and a coke whilst out with her friends. 15 quid she tells me 15 **** quid.

Restaurants usually put the prices on their menus.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Student discount?

Dough balls mmmm!

Northwind

I like ’em. Pretty decent pizza for a chain and their allergy handling is second to none ime, that’s always a good sign. TBH I think if they had a **** italian name people’d be happy to pay more.

Jerome
    Free Member

Get yourself an nus card . 40% off food and drink on a Monday or Tuesday.
    Otherwise agreed it is far too expensive and menu is pretty limited..

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Awaits wrightysons Tesco rant thread

I tried haggling the other day. I figured I always haggle my LBS, so why not Tesco?

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

I tried haggling the other day. I figured I always haggle my LBS, so why not Tesco?

Like my LBS I figured I could get a discount at Tesco by bringing in cake.

They told me they already had plenty of cake.

🙁

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 64 total)

The topic ‘Pizza express.’ is closed to new replies.