Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Pitch riders! how tall and what size frame?
  • MrCrushrider
    Free Member

as above folks, im interested in a 2011 pitch, but just wondering what size people are going for. it’ll be used for all day rides and some rad gnarrrr 😆 now and again.

im 6ft 2″ so im around L/XL territory!

cheers

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

5′ 8″ on a medium

People will be along in a second to tell you how long they are and to go a size down though. Yes, the bike is long, but the cockpit is short. If you want shorter, just change the stem or get an inline post, don’t get a silly-small bike!

That said, there’s no point listening to anyone else anyway. You’ve got to go try one for yourself!

thomthumb
    Free Member

5’11” and i liked the large. was a demo only but definitely the size i would have gone for.

AdeC
    Free Member

5ft9″ ride a medium Pitch. Fine for me. IMHO most American bikes (inc Specilized) come in quite big.

The pitch will cope admirably with all dayers with a healthy dose of radness.

robdob
    Free Member

5’7″ and a medium.
    Unless you want it just for extreme radness and need a tiny more BMX like feel then it’ll be a large for you IMHO.

Bagstard
    Free Member

I’m 5’11” and ride a medium. There is a fair bit of seat post showing at XC height, but that is the case with all my bikes. Most of my riding is done with the saddle low and after testing both I preferred the medium.

A friend of mine is around the 6’3″ mark and he has a size L 2009 enduro which is pretty similar in measurements.

bloodynora
    Free Member

5′ 11″ and a medium here too. Like others have said you could really do with trying one for size. For a medium mine feels quite a big bike but then again it was my first full sus so had nothing to compare it with. Tis’ a great bike though 🙂

chriswilk
    Free Member

2.0m so obviously the XL

GW
    Free Member

you really do need to try one for yourself I’m 5’11” and found a mates medium (with 50mm stem) too long for “teh Gnar”. I rarely sit down while riding and only really ride a short jumpbike hardtail or DH bikes tho.
    If you do plan on using it as a shorter travel DH weapon I also thought the decent suspension design was completely ruined by having an air shock. it just felt horrible!! sticking a decent 200mmx50 coil on it could be good tho, slackening and lowering it and improving performance all at the same time.

robdob
    Free Member

GW – the last thing I need is my Pitch to be lower!! Crank arm/bash well scraped on the rocks around here. 🙂

GW
    Free Member

in stock form they have fairly high BBs IMO (each to his own tho)

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

6’2″ here and a large is perfect with 70mm stem and about 15mm of layback on the seatpost.

sv

I am 6ft tall and ride a medium, suits me but trying one would be best. At 6’2” a Large may be best for all day stuff.

thecaptainofchaos
    Free Member

I’m 5’11” and i ride a large with a 50mm stem. you could really do with having a ride on one at your LBS.

khani
    Free Member

6ft with long legs on a large with 60mm stem feels spot on for me,
    200×57 coil is the same size as the rp2, I’ve got a 5th elephant shock that’s been tf’d and it’s lush

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Pitch riders! how tall and what size frame?’ is closed to new replies.