• This topic has 153 replies, 53 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by hora.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 154 total)
  • Piss poor Policewoman
  • hora
    Free Member

I saw the bike thief making off with someones bike today so I flagged down a passing patrol car. She shook her head and mouthed ‘busy’ and carried on leaving me and the owner to search the area fidst on foot then in my car. I wish I had time to take down the car number as I’d have **** complained.

What time do shifts start/finish? This was just before 2.

Even if he had concealed the bike and hung around his road…his clothing was very distinctive. Hence the’chance’.

andyl
    Free Member

I’d be straight down the nick for an explanation from her boss.

and to report the theft of course and give a description.

organdonor
    Free Member

Maybe she was busy? Pandas aren’t black cabs…

Maybe you look like a rapist?

BigJohn

Good to see the police not just making knee jerk reactions but prioritising their effort.

hora
    Free Member

Maybe one has to phone and book a response?

takisawa2

That’s a really crap thing to happen, but I doubt it will surprise folk these days.
    Hope the chap/lass gets it back.

And a slice of karma pie headed your way Hora, for getting involved.

uselesshippy
    Free Member

As usual, ime, plod about as helpfull as a chocolate tea pot.

project
    Free Member

should have told her there was some lad wearing a tracksuit,running down the road with a flaming torch, youd have got a huge responce then.

jacksonwwirl
    Free Member

6am – 2pm shift most likely !!

warton
    Free Member

Good to see the police not just making knee jerk reactions but prioritising their effort.

how did she know what she was being flagged down for if she didn’t even stop?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

FFS

If they had stopped for you some other job would have had to wait -and you simply do not know what that other job was. could have been a missing cat, could have been a missing child

cynic-al
    Free Member

So hora if you were being stabbed to death and the rozzers told your family “we were late getting there as we stopped en route to chase a stolen bike” how would you feel?

apart from “dead” of course.

hora
    Free Member

If she was responding, at her pace she’d have made the victims funeral.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Nice to see some objective replies. Frustrating but you/we have no idea what job she was going to. And lack of blues and twos wouldnt mean it wasn’t an emergency, or more important than a stolen bicycle. Most offence-in-progress would have silent response so as not to alert them.
    On busy days we have more “immediate’ calls than officers.

easygirl

Instead of coming on a forum slagging the police off, why don’t you phone the force and make a complaint/find out why she didn’t stop
    You will probably find she had been chasing her arse all day, and was going to yet another job.
    This government is cutting cops left right and centre and still piling more responsibilities and targets on us
    It really is only a matter of time until the system melts down
    When that happens( I really hope it never does) you will be too busy defending your home and loved ones from marauding scrotes to post on here

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

0600-1400 not done those shifts in years!!! Many many explanations as to why she didn’t stop come on can’t win!!!

flippinheckler
    Free Member

She could of stopped briefly or called it in though, if her blue lights weren’t on then she obviously wasn’t on an emergency. Crap policing IMO!

easygirl

No blue lights don’t mean no emergency

hora
    Free Member

easygirl that has been used for years though.

Im guessing end of shift or she was a family liason officer? Had a number of calls to follow up?

She didnt know it was a stolen bike. It could have been any situation. The delay in getting to my car meant he was long gone.

My experience of Police has always been hardworking bright or surly and abit dim.

Junkyard
    Free Member

We have no idea, find out, then let us know.

No need for the bashing of all the police over the little information we have
    They do a grand job overall but perhaps they do need to consider how much attention they give Hora as lets be honest he needs a lot. 😀

tazzymtb

Crap policing IMO!

that’s unfair, the police do a fantastic job…..beating old women, standing on protesters heads, killing newspaper sellers…

she probably had a suspect cuffed in the boot of the panda and was just taking them for a leisurely spin before they repeatedly fell down some steps on the way to the cells 😀

easygirl

Did you catch the bike thief?

warton
    Free Member

If they had stopped for you some other job would have had to wait -and you simply do not know what that other job was. could have been a missing cat, could have been a missing child

Without stopping and assessing what Horas situation was how does she know that her other job was more important? she obviously doesn’t.

so to turn this on its head

So hora if you were being stabbed to death and the rozzers told your family “we were late getting there as we stopped en route to chase a stolen bike” how would you feel?

how would your family feel if you were being stabbed to death, and a passer by who flagged down a police car was ignored?

Bregante

easygirl that has been used for years though.

Hora, you’re wrong mate. Cops haven’t used 0600-1400 shifts for nearly 20 years. Public holiday shift today would be 7-3 and would be minimum staffing level too.

I’m not going to comment on any of the rest because there are too many possibilities.

easygirl

Tazztmtb
    Are you posting from the 1960s

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

If the police stopped every time they were flagged down and at that point there clearly was nothing to see to assess seriousness we would never move anywhere. I have been flagged down for someone asking directions. If man obviously being beaten in street and you flag then down they drive off fair play but you would be surprised how many twonks flag police down for owt. If you feel that strongly go and complain, if you have time and street they will be able to identify PC. Clearly you want to feel better by bitching about it on forum rather than going to station and complaining.

Not family liaison she wouldn’t have been in uniform, unless and RP officer but would be able to tell from bigger car etc.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Easygirl….TazzMTB is one of the most anti police out there on this forum do not engage him!!!!!!

uselesshippy
    Free Member

bit harsh to say she had a body in the boot, probably just her lunch getting cold.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

There is never any police about when you need one and when there is they ignore you, really confidence inspiring and gives you faith in our Police. NOT!

hora
    Free Member

No. I circled 3 estates, Chorlton, Whalley Range and another towards Hulme.

I was obsessed with getting him as the owner was in shock/cressfallen.

She was in a estate Focus and at least she could have pulled in, questioned me briefly then radio it in?

Its a minor crime compared to workload/priorotising however she didnt ask the question.

easygirl

Hora,
    Bit of a generalisation re police officers
    I’ve worked with police officers for 22 years, in fact I am one 🙂
    I’ve found them to be loyal, disloyal, corrupt, honest, bright, thick,lazy, hardworking, individuals
    Probably like the people you work with.
    But above all I’ve found them all to be human and therefore imperfect, but trying to do a difficult job to the best of their abilities.
    at the moment policing and morale is at an all time low, so these officers may not be as motivated as they were in the past, they are certainly overworked at he moment.
    Why don’t you give her a break until you find out what happened, if she did ride on while you needed her help I’ll be the first to condemn her, butbatvleast find out first, she may have been on her way back from picking bits of someone’s son off the road

hora
    Free Member

MC it wasn’t casual flagging it was ‘great a Police car please help urgently’.
    easygirl the last time I experienced the Police it involved two young, intelligent officers who had the powers of empathy in a situation that I Believe routinely is a auto arrest.

My heavily pregnant partner dialled999 as I refused to let the dog in because it was snowing shesh.

‘Why did you call?
    ‘He wasnt doing what he was told’

😆

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Exactly as Easygirl said…go and make that complaint and see what actually happened.

yunki
    Free Member

was there a doughnut shop nearby..?

dangerousbeans
    Free Member

I have a lot of sympathy for the demands made on Police Officers and I would not like to do many of the things they have to do.

However, the Officers on this thread seem to be saying that we, the public, are an inconvenience to be routinely, and intentionally, ignored.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Not really beans – they are saying there could be many explanations for this

yunki
    Free Member

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Not at all, we are here to serve public so not an inconvenience. However I have ‘frantically’ been flagged down for directions, that is experience not debate. Another great myth is donuts..cookies and cake but not donuts. You complained yet?

easygirl

I ignored a woman once who tried to flag me down from the drivers seat of a stationary car
    I was going to a report of a male breaking into a car, so I assessed the situation and made the decision to carry on
    On my way back about 40 mins later the woman was still in the car, I stopped and found out she had got her hand trapped in the cassette slot of her stereo.
    We pulled the whole stereo out of the car with her hand still in it, took her inside her house , tried all sorts to get it out, and eventually put her hand in a bucket of ice cold water,her hand came out, but the stereo was ****
    Guess what , she tried to claim from the police for a new stereo!!!!!!

dangerousbeans
    Free Member

TJ

If the police stopped every time they were flagged down and at that point there clearly was nothing to see to assess seriousness we would never move anywhere

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 154 total)

The topic ‘Piss poor Policewoman’ is closed to new replies.