• This topic has 8 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by thv3.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Pinnacle Arkose with a flat bar? Jameso are you there?
  • nsbikescore1
    Free Member

Anyone run their arkose with a flat bar rather than drops? Does it ride ok?

shermer75
    Free Member

Coincidence- I was looking at the evans website the other day to see if they had a flatbar version of the Arkose.

I used to run a flat bar on my Surly Steamroller, it was fine. I changed the stem- I can’t remember if it needed to be shorter or longer I’m afraid! I think it might have been longer with the flatbar…

jameso

Hello.

I was looking at the evans website the other day to see if they had a flatbar version of the Arkose.

The 2017 Neon disc. It’s very close in almost every way, +20-25mm reach aside. Takes 40mm tyres, has road BB drop and a taper steerer carbon blade fork. Sold with 28mm tyres but mainly so it doesn’t scare off the ‘fast flat-bar bike’ buyer. I want to fit some M-bars and Nano 40s to one.

No reason not to use flat bars on an Arkose though. It’ll be a bit shorter than some would like but stick to 90-110mm stem and use bar ends and it can work. The Arkose is already meant to work with shorter stems, 70-90mm.

nsbikescore1
    Free Member

Thanks Jameso! I’ve got a size small arkose which has an 80mm stem so I’ll consider getting a longer one. I’ve got some 680mm flat bars on order. Looking forward to seeing what it rides like.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

my mate does, and I did the conversion. He loves it.

thv3
    Free Member

I was also thinking about this, but I’ve got the 2016 Arkose 3 though which has flat mount disc brakes?

Can I fit “normal” post mount disc brakes with an adapter?

jameso

Can I fit “normal” post mount disc brakes with an adapter?

2016 is post mount, so no prob there.

shermer75
    Free Member

Thanks Jameso! 🙂

thv3
    Free Member

Thanks Jameso!

+1 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Pinnacle Arkose with a flat bar? Jameso are you there?’ is closed to new replies.