Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Pinnacle Arkose Singlespeed 2015
  • adamyounghus97
    Free Member

What are peoples thoughts on this bike? Personally I love it and I think I will be test riding one soon…

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/pinnacle/arkose-singlespeed-2015-adventure-road-bike-ec071310#features

somafunk

I’m sure it will be fine for the money if a single speed is what you are after (pinnacle bikes generally are) but i **** hate the term adventure as used by every marketing **** stain up and down the country as an aspirational prefix for every new product, come to think of it i just **** hate advertising and marketing bods.

Or you could buy secondhand and pick up something like this for £600 ish (my bros, not for sale btw and the saddle angle has been fixed and the dodgy long stem has been changed)

There was a very tidy unused Genesis CDF for sale in the classifieds recently, a far better bike than the
    Pinnacle.

Edit : here it is

Andy

I have been riding one for about 2 months as a commuter & general run around bought on C2W. Replaced my aging Steam Roller. Why? Because the Steam roller head tube was too short and bought second hand the steerer was already cut and it was a bit too long so wanted something more comfortable. The Arkose has quite a long head tube. I wanted a disk braked road singlespeed and this is the closest to it. I looked at a lot of the steel offerings; Genesis Day one, Surly Straggler, Pompetamine and they all look like heavy lumps in comparison and were all much lower and longer fit wise.

Since I got it I have changed the tyres to 28mm and the gears to 42 x 15 plus my trusty brooks saddle. The tyres are just what I had, I’d like to use 35mm slicks in the future.

Really like it so far. Much more responsive than the Surly. Think I’ll go to 42 x 14 soon where was running 42 x 16 on the Surly. Its ride is not unlike a Tripster ATR for responsiveness and comfort wise I don’t notice any harshness. Out of the box its a light bike and I could make it a hell of a lot lighter, but no point for my intended use.

Quite a well thought out bike. Frame/forks have mudguard eyes. Comes with all frame fittings to gear if needed. The TRP Hylex brakes are fully hydraulic and are fantastic. The chainset looks like an MTB one and is 104 bcd. Will wait to see if get any creaking from the EBB (had to tighten when I got it as chain was slackening). The EBB insert is also recessed in the frame shell, so will be interesting to see if a traditional square taper will go in there which I will want to fit at some point. Also need some time to see how the hubs last.

Overall am delighted with it. One of the best bikes I have bought.

adamyounghus97
    Free Member

Thanks Andy,

Sounds really good, do you know how much the bike weighs? Can’t find a weight anywhere…

Thanks 🙂

adamyounghus97
    Free Member

Thanks Andy,

Sounds really good, do you know how much the bike weighs? Can’t find a weight anywhere…

Thanks 🙂

Andy

11.2 kg on bathroom scales for an XL with guards, brooks, lights and heavy time pedals.

hounslow
    Free Member

I’ve got the fluro green 10spd version and it’s cracking, the brakes are almost worth it alone.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Pinnacle Arkose Singlespeed 2015’ is closed to new replies.