Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Pinkbike for sale hints and tips
  • v666ern
    Free Member

Morning All,

Any suggestions for selling on PB, i’ve got some forks and parts to sell but want to avoid the ‘swap it for a playstation’ brigades and any scams i should watch for.

Thankyou

njee20
    Free Member

Don’t use Pinkbike.

Northwind

The main thing is, I think, don’t try and second guess it… I’ve made good sales to people that seemed like total timewasters, I almost didn’t bother responding to them.

v666ern
    Free Member

😆

Well its better than a thinly veiled why aren’t my forks selling on here thread! Ps i know why overpriced 26,steerer etc just trying to minimise my losses on nearly new forks 🙁

id rather avoid the bay too after stories of people getting there forks stripped and returned and losing more money

munrobiker
    Free Member

What Northwind said really- I’ve had messages like “eya, mate, u still got them forks?” that have ended up with a good sale.

chakaping
    Free Member

PB is awesome for selling and I tend to get fewer timewasters than on here… though be warned Hora does have an account.

Just put good pics up and be realistic about the price.

You can mark your advert no swaps, UK only etc.

v666ern
    Free Member

thanks all

though be warned Hora does have an account.

am not ‘duro enough for Hora 😳

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

I suppose exercise caution like no paypal gift etc. Have used PB before without hassle

munrobiker
    Free Member

Hora does have an account.

You can see everything he’s selling here-

http://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/list/?category=27&location=193-*-*

hora
    Free Member

Pinkbike is great. It seems to have a (different) reach than STW classifieds which seem to sell anything niche etc really quickly but standard ‘none trend’ items very slowly.

What amazed me was a buyer who said he was surprised that a frame (spesh SX) that I’d sold him really was mint. He was expecting something misdescribed to turn up as it can happen on PB apparently…

One thing I can’t get my head round- why is it called Pinkbike?

You do get the odd burk (but it is rare). You get low-ballers everywhere tbh.

scruff
    Free Member

PB is better than here for selling and gets less timewasters.

russyh
    Free Member

I sell a fair bit through pinkbike, but have had my fair share of time wasters. The latest being yes I will have it, but will pay tomorrow….I tell them the item is for sale until someone pays for it now. You get the usual low-ballers much like you do here. I would say the PB audience is a little younger demographic.

P-Jay
    Free Member

It’s no better / worse than eBay IMO.

I did have a problem with people messaging me, all super keen and whatever else yes they’ll have it – fine, my standard response is to send them my e-mail address for the PayPal and always ask them for their address as some people forget to update their details with PP – and nothing… I’m not sure if they’re doing a bit of in depth window shopping or they just change their mind when it comes to actually parting with the money.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

PB is better than here for selling and gets less timewasters.

Agreed, although I do tend to ignore the kids trying it on with Pinkbike though.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Pinkbike for sale hints and tips’ is closed to new replies.