Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Pink Floyd: The Wall
  • willard

After a discussion about which Pink Floyd album is the best, I decided to search the internet for the film of “The Wall”.

I’m stunned. How on earth had I never seen this before?

Whilst I prefer “Wish You Were Here” as a music album, this film is amazing. Surreal; yes. Odd; hell yes. Truly superb though.

xcgb
    Free Member

I was lucky enough to see it performed live in no mans land just after the Berlin wall was taken down, still got a bit of the wall with graffiti on at home!

But yes great film if a little depressing!

edlong
    Free Member

I was lucky enough to see it performed live in no mans land just after the Berlin wall was taken down

Wasn’t that a bit of a fiasco? IIRC there were power failures interrupting the performance and it never raised any of the money intended for a (now wound up) disaster relief charity? I believe they had to splice in footage from rehearsals for the commercial release. Remember watching it live on the telly and it didn’t seem to be going well….

Good film though, yeah…

still got a bit of the wall with graffiti on at home!

Did you chip it out yourself, or buy it? A bit like relics of the cross in earlier centuries, I believe that if all the “fragments of the Berlin Wall” on people’s mantelpieces were used to build a wall, it would stretch to Australia..

jekkyl

Teacher: What have we here, laddie? Mysterious scribblings? A secret code? No! Poems, no less! Poems, everybody!

[class laughs]

Teacher: The laddie reckons himself a poet!

[reads poem]

Teacher: “Money get back / I’m all right, Jack / Keep your hands off my stack / New car / Caviar / Four star daydream / Think I’ll buy me a football team.” Absolute rubbish, laddie.

[whacks him with a ruler, growls]

Teacher: Get on with your work.
    ———————————————

Hey Teacher, leave them kids alone.

wwaswas

Saw it at the cinema when it first came out.

I’m not sure I really understood it but I was entertained…

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

I thought that was David Hasselhoff !!!!!

ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

In my shoe-gazing A-Level years Pink Floyd: The Wall was my favourite movie. Remember even going to a midnight screening of it.

Apropos of nothing, the actor who plays Pink’s father (James Laurenson) now lives a few doors up from me.

RustySpanner

My favourite Floyd album.
    Makes DSOTM sound like a poor tribute band.

Not seen the movie in yonks though.

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

A masterpiece and no mistake… we don’t need no education.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLWbI_3LLPI[/video]

So you know how the Berlin wall came down… they’re still building the one in Israel:

Which ain’t so hot for the folks in Palestine:

Why is that never on the news?

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Plus one for wish you were here

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Saw Waters performing The Wall live a few mon ths ago and then a year ago as I was lucky enough to get tickets both times he showed up in Manchester.

Amazing album, film and live show but the second time IO saw it, it did feel like they were playing the CD whilst they all sat behind the wall drinking teas

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Miserable-arsed drivel.

Weaned a friend off it back in 1979 by repeatedly playing:

until he cheered up and came alive again…

hammyuk
    Free Member

I was on the lighting crew for the Berlin concert 😉

seosamh77
    Free Member

spent my early teenage years listening to floyd, been through every album, still reckon piper is the best.

JoB
    Free Member

i remember getting a bit embarrassed watching the flower animation bit with my parents

Kuco

Love it. Was to young to go with my brother to see them perform it live in 1980 🙁

CountZero

Why is that never on the news?

It is, just not that often.

Mr Woppit – Member
    Miserable-arsed drivel.

Weaned a friend off it back in 1979 by repeatedly playing:
    XTC Drums and Wires
    until he cheered up and came alive again…
    Couldn’t agree more.
    ABITW is just Waters with the rest of Floyd as his backing band. I bought the vinyl when it was released, and played it through once. Eventually sold it to a mate.
    I do like Animals, though not as much as the earlier ones.
    I have one of these upstairs:

66deg
    Free Member

I saw them at a chateau just outside Paris on their last tour it was mid summer and they ended with the usual firework display but that night an electrical storm had started some distance behind the stage , very impressive.

xcgb
    Free Member

still got a bit of the wall with graffiti on at home!
    Did you chip it out yourself, or buy it? A bit like relics of the cross in earlier centuries, I believe that if all the “fragments of the Berlin Wall” on people’s mantelpieces were used to build a wall, it would stretch to Australia..

Nah chipped it out myself – rented a hammer!

racefaceec90

the wall is one of my fav pink floyd albums,and thanks to my friend mark,i was lucky enough to see roger waters perform it last year at wembly.

was (bleeping) fantastic 😀

the film is great too 🙂

jon1973
    Free Member

Roy – We don’t need no education.

Moss – Yes you do, you just used a double-negative.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Pink Floyd: The Wall’ is closed to new replies.